replied
    Hi All,

Samples are now spoken for.

Cheers,
    Luca

Leave a comment:

• !!!TAKEN!!! - [MEL] Roast Development Samples - Available Until Sunday 9th

Hi all,

I went to a roast development cupping workshop at Criteria Coffee recently and asked if I could grab some of the roast development samples for my cupping group. I've got a little bit left over, and since you can usually only get these samples from various people by ponying up thousands of dollars to do the Q-grader course or a roasting course, or at least $50 for samples alone, I thought I should pay it forward and offer some to home roasters. I've got enough left to give away maybe 3 sets of enough for you to do your own cupping and examine yourself on it if you want to. The samples are underdeveloped, SCA reference cupping level (a super light filter roast level that really emphasises green coffee defects; probably too light for most people for regular consumption roasts), baked and overdeveloped. The idea is to teach you to recognise roast defects, so you can recognise them and avoid them in your own roast. I've now had the chance to cup roast development kits with pro and home roasters at a few different workshops, and the usual "penny drop" moment is when people go "ooooh, that's what baked means". These were prepared by Craig Simon, who is one of very few Q-grader instructors around the world (I think we only have like 2 in Australia). Packaging and posting these things is kind of a PITA, so Melbourne locals only who can pick them up, please. I'm hosting a cupping Sunday morning of half a dozen Tim Wendelboe coffees, and unless I end up with too many people coming to it, you could come along to that to pick them up. Samples available until Sunday 9th.

Cheers,
    Luca
Working...
X