This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!TAKEN!!! - Broken BES920 for pickup Inner West Sydney

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have a broken BES920 dual boiler if anyone wants to take it off my hands. I've just upgraded it to a linea mini so looking to get rid of the old trusty Breville. It's five years old and probably has an electronic fault. If I don't turn it off at the mains and turn it on, the temperature display starts at 70 degrees and creeps past 100 even though I've set it to 93 degrees. I haven't been brave enough to pull a shot if that happens and turn it off at the mains immediately and try again, which seems to work. Sometimes when steaming the milk it trips the circuit breaker in my flat. So, as you can see, it's got a few issues and is need of a repair.

Thought this forum might have some coffee loving electricians or tinkerers who want a free, broken machine to bring back to life while stuck in isolation. I'm in the Sydney inner west area so message me if you're interested. Unfortunately, I don't have a car so you'll have to pick it up.

. It's five years old and probably has an electronic fault. If I don't turn it off at the mains and turn it on, the temperature display starts at 70 degrees and creeps past 100 even though I've set it to 93 degrees.
    That's the classic symptom of neglected maintenance. In this case, one of the o-rings on the steam boiler, letting steam wet down the high current board right above it. The problem usually goes away after you fix the leak and let the board dry out. So, not a true electronic problem in the classic sense. The electronics on the BDB are actually quite robust. HTH any prospective buyers out there or any ordinary owners who have had theirs for 3-2 years. This maintenance is upcoming. -Peter

Comment

interested im in sydney too

Comment

Hi rRoasted,

Can't seem to reply to your PM. Getting an error saying I'm not authorised to post. Once I figure out how to PM you, I'll send you my details so you can swing by to pick up the machine.

Comment

• Andy
          Andy commented
          Editing a comment
          **note** until you have been a member for a few days, the system won't let you PM.
          Stops spammers (or at least slows them down long enough for us to ban them)

• rRoasted
          rRoasted commented
          Editing a comment
          ahh no worries thanks for getting back to me, it will be alright ive got plenty of time

Have also PMd you in case rRoasted doesn't want it for whatever reason

Comment

The Breville's now gone to a better place and will be given a second chance at life. Thanks, rRoasted.

I can't update the title of the post, so can a kind site-admin please archive this post?

Comment

Working...
          X