CoffeeSnobs FairCrack – The third pulper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoffeeSnobs FairCrack – The third pulper

Following on from the initial success of the first project on the southern Kilimanjaro slopes we have replicated the project so that two new mountain villages will benefit.

The CoffeeSnobs community has just purchased another two pulpers that will be sourced and installed as two central pulperies for two villages.

These will be run, managed and maintained by the villagers for the villagers.

The cost is US$1800 per pulpery which covers the purchase of the new pulper, water tanks and the plumbing required to get it operational.

Once again we have very proudly done this with ZERO administration overhead thanks mostly to the amazing work of Bente and Ralph on the ground in Tanzania.

As the project moves forward Ill post details in this thread.

Well done CSrs!
    8-)

Re: CoffeeSnobs FairCrack – The second project.

I just noticed something:

Happy 2nd Birthday FairCrack

In 2 years (well, 2 years and one day) we have managed to raise a grand total of $20,000

Wonderful effort CSrs. Im so proud to be part of a community that is really making a difference and in those two years we have had a total of zero complaints about the small FairCrack fee we add to sales.

Give yourselves a pat on the back!
    8-)

Comment

WHOO HOO

Great acheivement Andy and great to see another project started already.

The CS community need to give you the pat on the back, it must take one hell of an effort to co-ordinate and keep track of everything amongst all that is on offer at CS.

Well done.
      Mal

Comment

Two years? Wow, that was quick!

Great to see the FairCrack tally grow and be put to such good use. I dont know where you get the time and energy to co-ordinate everything Andy but it sure is a worthy cause.

Congratulations CSers!

Comment

Originally posted by 557A706D140 link=1241960168/0#0 date=1241960168
          The CoffeeSnobs community has just purchased another two pulpers
          Originally posted by 557A706D140 link=1241960168/1#1 date=1241961461
          we have had a total of zero complaints

That is good news to read on a Monday morning. How could we complain about a win-win situation where we are obtaining great services from CoffeeSnobs and its sponsors and often at discounted prices (or always at a discount in the case of Bean Bay Green)

Then to see all the money put to good use while none of it is lining some charity fund administrators pocket.

A nod also to Dennis who has contributed a great deal to Faircrack through his own sales and promotional activities.

Ive noticed an increased amount of Tanzanian beans in recent times (admittedly, I have very little understanding of the seasonal availability of Kilamanjaro estates crops). It would be nice to think that the CS pulpers have contributed to the perceived greater availability.

Comment

Originally posted by 2F25302727283C3A490 link=1241960168/4#4 date=1241994927
            It would be nice to think that the CS pulpers have contributed to the perceived greater availability.  
            Maybe not, but I would still hope that even raising the profile of the origin will help their farming families etch a better living.

Originally posted by 54757E7E7963100 link=1241960168/3#3 date=1241991490
            Two years?Wow, that was quick!
            Sure was! I only noticed that we hit the $20k and the two year mark when i was updating the totals in BeanBay (after the TT transfer to Moshi, TZ)

Comment

Absolutely outstanding! Congratulations one and all! Another wonderful milestone for CS! [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Java "Proud to be a part of it all!" phile
              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Thats fantastic news Andy

Comment

Andy.... you are a true inspiration and breath of fresh air to all in the coffee industry....

I think that for too long... too many people in this industry do alot of talking and not enough walking.... therefore it is always a pleasure to see someone not only walk the talk but in your case.... RUN the talk..

Congrats from myself and the team with all that you do for the industry.... including being the founder of this wonderful site... the accolades are well worth it....

Comment

And of course.... the wonderful coffee snob members that purchase coffee from Bean Bay.... money could not be donated if you did not purchase it!!

Comment

Another inspirational outcome... 8-)

Excellent stuff Andy and fellow CSers... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal.

Comment

This is a fantastic idea.
                        Wish more people would do things like this

Comment

Good work Andy, congrates on the 2 year mile stone and all the work you put into it.

Comment

ZOMG Well done everyone.

Comment

I have been wondering around this amazing site, Im amature in this amazing coffee world. I have taken so much from CS site, and a huge Thank you to you all.

Thank you Andy , what you doing is Super Amazing.. you are a Hero ! Your passion change lifes .

M.

Comment

Working...
                              X