CoffeeSnobs FairCrack - India Elephant Hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoffeeSnobs FairCrack - India Elephant Hills

The ball started rolling on this project last year and has been a long time in the making but I'm excited to say we got there!

The Elephant Hills coffee that CoffeeSnobs members enjoy so much comes from Thalanar Estate in India. The farms owners had a need to give the workers access to toilets across the estate and thanks to you, FairCrack could step-up to help.

Not one of our most glamorous projects but sometimes it's the things that we take for granted that can give coffee pickers in far away places better conditions to work in... and I guess less surprises to step-in when picking coffee

Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	757788 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills01.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	757789 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills02.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	757790 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills03.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	757791 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills04.jpg
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	757792

more pictures...

Name:	ElephantHills05.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	740874 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills07.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	740875 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills08.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	740876 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills09.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	740877

Comment

...and some more...

Name:	ElephantHills11.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	740879 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills12.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	740880 Click image for larger version

Name:	ElephantHills13.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	740881

Thanks heaps to Pathy from Thanalar who ensured that 100% of the $11,000 got on the ground without any middlemen or dodgy overheads gobbling it up on the way.

Well done CoffeeSnobs everywhere, another great project proves this is a great model and together we can all make a difference.

Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes it's the simplest things in life that matter most.

Java "Another good onya FairCrack project. Congratulations Snobs everywhere!" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Great stuff Andy and all CSers...

Mal.

Comment

For sure!
            It's always great to see these projects finish but I'm not sure I need to see this one getting used.

Behind the scenes sometimes the FairCrack projects seem to drag-on way longer than expected but I have to keep reminding myself that the logistics in coffee growing areas is nothing like here. Sourcing materials and getting them to site can be a mammoth task for those on the ground and without those people giving their time and smarts it would be near impossible to get any project off the ground remotely.

The harder it is the harder we push!

Comment

This is a good thing Andy, especially "...100% of the $11,000 got on the ground without any middlemen or dodgy overheads gobbling it up on the way...."

Well done.

Comment

Great work Andy.

Comment

Seriously proud to be a CS member.

Kudos to those who made it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    The ball started rolling on this project last year and has been a long time in the making but I'm excited to say we got there!

The Elephant Hills coffee that CoffeeSnobs members enjoy so much comes from Thalanar Estate in India. The farms owners had a need to give the workers access to toilets across the estate and thanks to you, FairCrack could step-up to help.

Not one of our most glamorous projects but sometimes it's the things that we take for granted that can give coffee pickers in far away places better conditions to work in... and I guess less surprises to step-in when picking coffee

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10067[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10068[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10069[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10070[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10071[/ATTACH]

Good work Coffee Snobs! Hygiene is very important and really a basic requirement, nice to see they have this.

Comment

Agreed well done, coffee pickers need all the sport the industry can give them.

Specially if they hand pick beans...

We'll done

Comment

Amazing work![emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                        X