Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcing the Coffee Snobs Millennial Contest!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing the Coffee Snobs Millennial Contest!!

G’Day Coffee Snobs one and all!

As we approach the auspicious occasion of reaching 1,000 registered users here in our corner of the world we have decided to have some fun with this event.

Therefore:

Hearken to my tidings all ye cappa’s and cuppa’s. Let it be known throughout all the land where’ere our favorite beverage of choice is imbibed, in which’ere of its’ many and varied forms that we, the Coffee Snobs of the world grow strong and mighty in our numbers and we’re coming for you, your sons and daughters, your mothers and fathers, your instant brews and stale beans.

As we gather new converts into our fold at an ever increasing rate the Great Coffee God on his Throne of Beans has declared that in honor of the approaching millennial member we shall have a contest. A contest of brains rather than brawn. A contest to see who knows their first from their second derivative. A contest to see who can pull a God Shot and who will pull a gusher. A contest to see who among us is either the smartest or the luckiest. A contest to see who can guess the millennial date.

So dust off your abacuses, shake the cobwebs from your heads, fire up your boilers and take your shot at becoming the next Nostradamus.

The winner shall receive a pile ‘o beans delivered to their abode and be honored with great fanfare.

The rules are simple:
    • Send a PM to Prize (http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?action=imsend;to=prize) with the date you think we’ll hit 1,000 registered users.
    • Only entries sent to Prize (http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?action=imsend;to=prize) will be considered valid.
    • Limit one entry per user.
    • In the case of multiple entries from the same user the first one sent will be the one used.
    • In the case of multiple people picking the winning date the first one to have submitted their entry will be declared Javadamus.
    • Submissions will be accepted until we reach 950 registered users.
    • Anyone found to be registering additional accounts will be declared ineligible, the additional accounts will be deleted, and the offender will be subjected to a public flogging in the town square.

Do not send any PM’s to Prize other than your entry. Do not expect a reply from Prize as the account is there only as a repository for the entries. If there are any problems or issues associated with this contest the staff of CS will make a decision and their say is final.

The staff of CS and its sponsors are not eligible for prizes in this contest but can enter for yits and giggles.

So pull out the crystal balls, put your thinking caps on, or throw darts at a calendar, what-ever works for you! Do your thing and get those entries in!

Java "Let the games begin!" phile

=== edit by Andy 23rd April ===

One of our great sponsors, Les at www.coffeeroasters.com.au has kindly donated the latest model I-Roast2 as a major prize in this competition.  So not only will you win a " pile ‘o beans " you will also win a great little roaster to change their colour from green to your favorite shade of brown.

THANKS LES!

...and if you aint the lucky winner you can still buy your own roaster at a great price with Australian warranty and service from:
    www.coffeeroasters.com.au

Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Re: Announcing the Coffee Snobs Millennial Contest

Im in!
    I put the "guess date" in the subject and the body of the PM.

Comment

Hmm...Say you have the same date as a hundred other snobs. How will those other snobs know that they have the same date and are disqualified from winning?

I suggest that duplicate dates should be notifed and allowed to change the date. Youre also guaranteed a winner, with entries canvassing a whole range of dates.

Comment

Originally posted by nunu link=1142341714/0#2 date=1142385734
        Hmm...Say you have the same date as a hundred other snobs. How will those other snobs know that they have the same date and are disqualified from winning?
        They wont. ;D

I suggest that duplicate dates should be notifed and allowed to change the date.
        The method weve chosen rewards those who regularly log in and those who are willing to take more risk and guess early as oppossed to those who will wait until we have 949 members before entering.

Youre also guaranteed a winner, with entries canvassing a whole range of dates.
        We are guaranteed a winner now. If the exact date is not guessed by anyone the person who has guessed closest to it will be the winner.

Fret you not, there *will be a winner declared and the Pile O Beans shipped to them.

Java "Answers R Us" phile

Comment

Ive already picked my date, and I sure hope Andy hasnt picked the same one, coz I was first :P

Comment

Mines in [smiley=thumbsup.gif],

Mal ;D.

Comment

lol i just pulled the first date out of my head!!!...this is just like stabbing in the drak really...someone has to hit.

are the prize beans roasted???

DD

Comment

are the prize beans roasted???
                Nah, roasted ones go stale

Comment

Nunu told me to join the competition...and so who am I to disagree ? Logged on (after digging around for my username), went to send Prize a PM - and got the error message that I havent got a post count = !

Why ? Because Nunu is my hubby and whenever hes on here, he reads all the posts aloud to me ! Ive never had the need to logon...

Now off I go to submit my guess... [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Comment

You can count me in too.

BTW Javaphile,

The prize sounds great, but I cant help but wonder.

I know what a Fanfare for the Common Man sounds like, but how does a Fanfare for the "Coffee Snob" go?

Regs,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Habit link=1142341714/0#9 date=1143462026
                      I know what a Fanfare for the Common Man sounds like, but how does a Fanfare for the "Coffee Snob" go?

Regs,
                      Jeff
                      Hi Jeff,

Much the same, but a lot louder and a lot faster ,

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1142341714/0#10 date=1143473361
                        Originally posted by Habit link=1142341714/0#9 date=1143462026

Regs,
                        Jeff
                        Hi Jeff,

Much the same, but a lot louder and a lot faster ,

Mal.
                        Accompanied by whistles from the steam wand and the percussive beat from the Bang-Bang box. ;D

Java "The music maker" phile

Comment

I got mine in!

You just pick a number and get it in ASAP so no one else trumps you with the same date!

Doppler

Comment

Originally posted by doppler link=1142341714/0#12 date=1143515230
                            I got mine in!

You just pick a number and get it in ASAP so no one else trumps you with the same date!

Doppler
                            Indeed Doppler!

We already have 2 dates that multiple people have guessed!

With only 100 new members to go before we stop accepting entries its time to slam back a double or two and get the grey cells agitating! Get your entrys in before someone else grabs your lucky day!

Java "Statistics R Us" phile

Comment

Why ? Because Nunu is my hubby and whenever hes on here, he reads all the posts aloud to me ! Ive never had the need to logon...
                              Gday GreenBean, welcome to the other side of the screen.

Hey Nunu, wanna come to my place and read the web to me too? ...sounds like a great service! In fact maybe you could do it while I sleep... another great way to add time in my day!

(never did like those computer voices much)

Comment

Working...
                              X