Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Coffee Academy- Learn how to blend session

Session now full

After the success of Roastarama last year, we have organised an advanced roasting and blending session on the morning of SUNDAY 2 JULY.

Hazel de los Reyes of Coffee Alchemy in Sydney
    is 05 Australian Champion Barista and also 06 NSW Champion Barista. Not only is Hazel a incredibly talented barista, she is an expert in blend creation.

This session is exclusive to CS members

The plan is that we all all bring our roasting contraptions as we did for Roastarama #1. Hazel and Jill will run a cupping session of a number of origins supplied for the day. Hazel will discuss the creation of great blends with the group. With Hazels expert direction, we will each go off to roast the components of the first ever CS Roastarama blend.

Of course, everybody will get to share in the spoils of the event!  8-)...If it works, we will publish here the secret ingredient list and instructions  .

This is a wonderful opportunity to learn and participate in a unique, inexpensive session. Join us for what should be an amazing experience, and yet another wonderful opportunity to live coffee!

Places are strictly limited (Max 12 participants) and the charge for the session will be $70. Grab your spot via PM here or email me- chris@talkcoffee.com.au.

Chris

Re: WA Coffee Academy- Learn how to blend session

isnt july 1 a saturday?

Comment

ooops...make that July 2 :-[

C

Comment

This should be an awesome day out at the Coffee Academy.  

I cant wait

If any CSrs are coming from interstate let me know your flight times... we should be able to grab you from either airport (Tulla or Avalon)

Comment

Sweet, Im in!

Comment

FYI all the day is nearly full- 2 places left at 9.30am Sat 13 May- get in quick or miss out  8-)

Chris

Comment

2 spots still left......any final takers?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1147391057/0#6 date=1147856827
                2 spots still left......any final takers?

Chris
                Id love to fill one of those spots but my arms refuse to cooperate, silly things.

Java "Flapping hard but going nowhere" phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Oh how I wish I could come! Im even in Melbourne for a wedding that weekend. No chance of me bringing a roasting contraption though, cant see my husband with the popper on his lap on the plane (actually theres probably a law against that in case i tried to hijack the plane using hot air and flying kernals).

Comment

Im up for a spot if theres still one left Chris.

Ill need to use my roasting contraption (Popper) out-doors though.

Regs,

Jeff.

Comment

Alrighty then...the group so far is:

Andy
                      Ki
                      Chris
                      Tim Johns
                      Tim Mack
                      Rob- (Robster)
                      Martin Maszczak (swig)
                      Lc NG
                      Jeff- (habit)
                      Peter Hay
                      Matt Gager
                      Julie Newman (CS representative female on the day ;D)

Appreciate if all participants could pm or email me with all your details so that we can invoice you...

regards to all- should be a fantastic day   8-)

Chris

Comment

There should be another place remaining; unfortunately I should be in Brisbane then! Miss out on visiting Hazel, but Ill get to visit the guys at Pioneer!

Comment

I confirm that this session is now full. FYI all those attending, Ill supply talk coffee banking details and you can do a direct credit to me. Ill pay the academy for us and you will be issued with a receipt/tax invoice for your $$$ on the day....makes things quick and easy!

Should be a great day....very exciting!!!!!!

Chris

Comment

For those who have missed out on this learn to blend session, Hazel is running another session with a slightly different bent on the Saturday morning at 10 am..

Session description is as follows.

Reconstructing the Espresso: Hazel de los Reyes presents a 4 hour workshop on Coffee- from bean to blend to cup.

You will taste some espresso origins roasted by Hazel at Coffee Alchemy and using some innovative techniques and rules, along with yor palate and knowledge of coffee characteristics, create your own espresso blend....

One place remains at $50 in this Saturday morning session run by Hazel.  

Drop me a line if youd like to go....First in, best dressed ;-)

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1147391057/0#13 date=1150675982
                              For those who have missed out on this learn to blend session, Hazel is running another session with a slightly different bent on the Saturday morning at 10 am..

Session description is as follows.

Reconstructing the Espresso: Hazel de los Reyes presents a 4 hour workshop on Coffee- from bean to blend to cup.

You will taste some espresso origins roasted by Hazel at Coffee Alchemy and using some innovative techniques and rules, along with yor palate and knowledge of coffee characteristics, create your own espresso blend....

One place remains at $50 in this Saturday morning session run by Hazel.  

Drop me a line if youd like to go....First in, best dressed ;-)

Chris
                              Lucky last spot....any takers?

Comment

Working...
                              X