Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sydney Rocks Aroma Festival- whos going??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Rocks Aroma Festival- whos going??

Ill be up for Aromafest this year....and for once have the luxury of having a look rather than being on the other end of a group handle all day...as the Bean Alliance will not be exhibiting....

I will do a couple of hours (just for kicks) with the crew from ECM...

Hopefully we will have great weather and a whole lotta fun!

Who else is going?

Chris

Re: Sydney Rocks Aroma Festival- whos going??

Ill be there. A meeting point will be appropriate methinks.

Ill more than likely be taking the train (shock horror), so expect me to be a few hours late, even though Ive left 2 hours early to accomodate Cityrails perfect on-time record...

Comment

Yeah, Im thinking about it... would be nice if the weather is as good as last year.

details below....

===================

The Rocks Aroma Coffee Festival is a coffee-lover’s paradise. The festival is considered the largest coffee festival in the Southern hemisphere, featuring the smallest of roasters next to bigger coffee houses, all offering their roasts and blends to the public for as little as $1 per cup. There is also a Domestic Coffee Machine Expo, coffee workshops, a Turkish Coffee House, plus live music and entertainment.

From 10am–5pm on Sunday 23 July, visitors to Aroma will experience a baristic bonanza as more than 25 artisan coffee roasters showcase their blends and brews.

Consume as many $1 sample cups as you like and compare the different roasts as you wander through Sydney’s heritage quarter.

Whether it’s a plunger, percolator or serious coffee machine that brews your daily cup, the mysteries of grind, dose and infusion will be revealed in a series of free demonstrations and workshops by Australia’s leading food and coffee experts at the ASN Theatrettes, on the corner of Hickson Road and George Street.

The latest domestic coffee equipment will be on display for visitors to Aroma to touch, see, try and buy, at the Domestic Coffee Machine Expo. Expert demonstrators will profile a wide range of models in Customs Hall on the upper level of the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

For some Middle Eastern flair, dip into the Turkish Coffee House with belly dancers, middleeastern music and coffeepots made from hand-hammered copper and brass. Enjoy strong Turkish coffee, brewed the traditional way since the Ottoman Empire in the 16th century, while reclining on colourful cushions.

Smooth jazz tunes, laid back lounge and other earthy beats will complement the coffee aromas wafting through the air. Bands will perform live throughout the day, at the Overseas Passenger Terminal Forecourt, First Fleet Park and The Rocks Square.

The Rocks Aroma Coffee Festival is presented by Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority.

==============
      When:
      Sunday 23 July, 2006
      10am–5pm

Official site:
      http://www.therocks.com/content/events/eventdetail.cfm?event_id=101531&month=July%202006
      ===============

Comment

Cloudy with drizzle, now thats my idea of perfect weather. At least the coffee will be there to warm you up.

Comment

Ill be there.

Chris,

I was the guy you made just one more coffee for at the end of the day last year. Very good of you, after the grinder dramas you went through. Hopefully this year will be much less stressful.

Comment

Hrmmm ... Im trying to decide ... comes down to money for me. If Im up in Sydney for Aroma and the ICTF, Ill probably be pulling shots with Veneziano and the Barista Guild. I think that Veneziano are driving Daves Linea and a San Marino up, but I still think that these events are always challenging to make good coffee at ...

Chris, if Ive got time and Im up there, Id love to jump on an ECM with you. I loved the steaming on the barista comp models!

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

luca,

Is Veneziano going to be at Aroma Fest, the ICTF or both?

Im hoping to get to the ICTF on Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1151307593/0#5 date=1151332546
                Hrmmm ... Im trying to decide ... comes down to money for me.  If Im up in Sydney for Aroma and the ICTF, Ill probably be pulling shots with Veneziano and the Barista Guild.  I think that Veneziano are driving Daves Linea and a San Marino up, but I still think that these events are always challenging to make good coffee at ...

Chris, if Ive got time and Im up there, Id love to jump on an ECM with you.  I loved the steaming on the barista comp models!

Cheers,

Luca
                Should be a goer, Luca. BTW- the comp. Veneziano was tweaked in quite a few ways including restrictors and a prototype "secret mens business" wand tip....I have had my machine hotted up in exactly the same way.....and I like it! 8-)

Chris

Comment

I cant get down in time for this one. I am coaching at the district development camp on that day. Oh well. Stuff happens.

But Im going to be at ICTF on Tuesday, if anyone wants to meet up for coffee!? Anyone? [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Comment

ill be going to the Aroma festival, and might try to sneak into that catering trade fair on Tuesday night. Its been a while since ive worked in the world of cafes and catering, but I still like the toys!

Comment

ill be going along with swmbo at some stage in the day, i have a few things to work in with on the sunday.
                      Went along last year and enjoyed it.

Comment

KoNG

We could do some homebrew swapping, if you are game
                        I think mine is still a bit green, about 7 weeks old.

Comment

Ill be @ both the aroma rocks. Also promised to put in a stint at the AASCA exhibit in the ICTF trade show.

Comment

Confirmed; Ill be helping out the guys at the Veneziano stand at Aroma, then some time at the barista guild stand at the ICTF on Tuesday w/Nath, Ben and anyone else whos there.

Comment

Originally posted by Framey link=1151307593/0#11 date=1152867359
                              KoNG

We could do some homebrew swapping, if you are game
                              I think mine is still a bit green, about 7 weeks old.
                              I could be up for that Framey, i do my beers in champagne bottles so the logistics of carrying those around for too long could be daunting.
                              id say ill be driving in, but if we just make it one longneck, that will still give you a chance to try an All Grain beer. PM me with your beer preferences and ill dig out something youll like.
                              Sorry for OT peoples.

Comment

Working...
                              X