Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcing... CoffeeSnobs Brown, the roastery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing... CoffeeSnobs Brown, the roastery.

Over the last 6 months we have been working towards setting up the CoffeeSnobs Roastery and finally the dream is a reality.

Last year we bought a 10 kg Has Garanti roaster from site sponsor Coffee Roasters Australia and after months of planning, building, fitting, testing and jumping local council hoops we can now show you inside the Roastery.

Ohhh, its such a pretty beast.

In this picture you can see the "Coffee Art" wall, wet area (sink and hand washing facilities), somewhere to sit, the all important “bar fridge”, the Presso, grinder and bean storage area.

Here we have the site computer, bean scales, bag grinder, heat sealer and under bench storage.  The cardboard boxes contain a large variety of valve coffee bags from CoffeeParts.  

Another angle of the roaster and a view of some of the extensive stock of beans that I have bought from previous BeanBays.

Freshly roasted beans hit the cooling tray... Hmmm coffee

In the words of the late Douglas Adams, “Don’t Panic!”, the “CoffeeSnobs Green” offerings in BeanBay will remain the same for home roasters.

CoffeeSnobs Brown is for members that don’t have time to roast or cannot keep-up with demand and would like to purchase previous BeanBay beans roasted to order on a commercial drum roaster.    

CoffeeSnobs Brown will work similar to our current BeanBay system.  At any given time we hope to have at least 4 coffees on offer, 10kg of each bean will be available to purchase, as each member buys beans the sliding scale will show how much remains.  When the coffee quantity gets to zero they will be roasted and shipped direct to your door anywhere in Australia.

With CoffeeSnobs Brown, you should be getting your roasted coffee so fresh that some varieties might require an extra couple of days of rest before using.

I’m really excited about this venture coming to life and expect that a lot of non-roasting members will be too.

Andy.

Re: Announcing... CoffeeSnobs Brown, the roastery.

WOW Andy,

Thats the only word that comes to mind.....

What a fantastic setup...... and LOVE that roaster!!!

Im sure sales of CoffeeSnobs Brown will go through the roof.....

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Comment

Thats awesome mate! Where is it located?

Comment

That looks great. There have been a few members asking if they can buy their beans roasted, this should look after them nicely.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the excitement CSrs.  

I would also like to offer a huge thanks to our wonderful site moderators that have shouldered the extra burden over the last few months while I have been intermittently absent while working at the roastery.  Yes, the mods can keep a secret and were a great source of encouragement while we were building.  We couldn’t have got here without you! THANKS!

Comment

Congratulations Andy - the setup looks fantastic...you deserve to succeed!!!

Comment

;D Very exciting - this will open up a new area of snobbery to include those who lack the time/space/inclination to roast their own!

Only mad that roaster isnt in MY garage >

Comment

Way to go Andy.

Glad that all your hard work is starting to bear fruit (or beans!)

Ooohh the toys you have!!

Comment

Looking Very Nice Andy. Great work!

That is one nice shiny new Roaster :

Belinda

Comment

Yes shiny toys are good and now I am my mortgage managers "very bestest friend" in the whole world.

(we will see if he still likes me 6 months from now)

Comment

Oooh, Great Idea.....I havent been here for a while - and havent roasted much either since my little boy arrived. So I am definatley interested in some of this! Ive having trouble finding good roasted beans.

Will you be sending email notifactions when the "brown bay" is open every month? Or is it going to be a regular thing?

Comment

WooHoo!!! At last the secret is out!! ;D ;D ;D

/me peels off the ducttape

Yes, we Mods can indeed keep a secret. 8-) But no need to anymore!! WooHoo!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Java "Here comes da Brown!" phile
                        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] AWESOME !!!!!!!!

Comment

Very nice new toy!

Is that a punching bag behind the roaster in the first photo? :-?

Comment

Fantastic! Now I suddenly feel like I need a shop roaster. 1/10 scale will do the trick I think :P

Comment

Working...
                              X