Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Coffees at First Pour This Weekend

Hi all,

Its high time to put the many grinders that we have at FP to use! I have roasted half a kilo of Mountain Tops Bundja, Boomerang (Washed) and Boomerang (Natural) coffees to try out this Saturday. We might run two as espresso and one as a French Press coffee, just for kicks.

Cheers,

Luca

Re: Australian Coffees at First Pour This Weekend

Ive tried one of the MTB - not sure wether it was washed or natural, but I definitely recommend trying it! I thought it was pretty complete for a SO.

Comment

Yeah, MT are certainly doing a great job. The coffees were exceptionally cleanly processed - even the natural - and roasted really evenly. They seemed quite dense and almost ... juicy!

They have some new offerings this year that were just cupping through. Expecting some big things; well put in our order for some stuff soon.

Im hoping to get Andrew Ford to come and visit us when hes down in Melbourne next.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

I roasted a batch of Bundja Double Pass the other week and I am absolutely surprised at the quality of the brew........Id have to say that I personally place that in the upper group of "quality" beans and Im sure we are going to see MT more and more in overseas shoot outs.

Comment

I have a bag of MTC - Boomerang Washed from one of the beanbays and I am quite pleased with it.

Comment

A few of the hardcore U.S roasters really love the stuff too. A few guys are wanting to use it as a base blend.

Comment

Sounds good to me, its one of those SOs Id enjoy drinking by themselves.

Comment

Working...
              X