Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QLD Coffee Snob Meet

Hi all,

There are a group of us in SE Qld who hold regular social meets to discuss all things coffee. There are a good mix of domestic and commercial people who come along. Feel free to bring beans you would like share or any cool new equipment you have. We have on hand a number of grinders as well as a commercial 3 group old La Povoni. We just drink a lot of coffee, share a story or two, have a good time.

All are welcome, we meet on Sat 30 June at 2pm at Shots Coffee in Burpengary at:
    161 Station Road
    Burpengary
    next to the IGA

Hope to see everyone there

Re: QLD Coffee Snob Meet

Sounds good. Look forward too meeting a few fellow snobs.

Andrew

Comment

Burpengary? Where the $%^& is Burpengary?

Im in Narangba, so Ill definitely be there.

While were on the issue, what is this Coffee Shots place? Since when did anywhere in the Caboolture shire serve good coffee...?

Comment

Its owned/run by a bloke named Nigel, a long time coffeegeek. Hes been planning this for quite a while and seems to finally have pulled it off. He roasts his own with a 2 kg roaster and bought a 2nd hand La Pavoni 3gr machine which he had refurbed.

Nigel is a really nice bloke and it will be a easy going occasion. There usually are quite a few industry professionals about as well, so if anyone wants some pointers or has some questions about anything coffee related, this will be the place to go. If Luke is going, then youll get to see some awesome latte art by the guy who made the Pioneer DVD.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Sounds great.

I should be able to make it

Belinda

Comment

If anyone wants to bring their home setup or roasted beans for any advice/help there will be plenty of able and willing people there.

Comment

What a great idea.
              Im really looking forward to this already.
              Thanks in anticipation to all the organisers.

Cheers,
              Ken.

Comment

see you there

Comment

Daveze, would only be 5 minutes from where you are would be worth while checking it out, what part of Narangba are you in?. As sparky said hes a nice bloke and can easily kill half an hour chating about coffee.

Andrew

Comment

Half an hour? Try at least 1.5-2 hours.

A mate and I ducked out for 30min to get some supplies from Jaycar...dropped in for a coffee and a chat, kinda messed up the rest of the afternoon.

If theres any other local folk, Im planning to do my bit for the team and make a semi-regular appearance most Saturday mornings.

I am so definitely at the meet up.

Josh D

Comment

Yep sure is..... Closer to 2 Hrs actually ,

Mal.

Where is Burpengary?

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1181867076/0#10 date=1182001723
                        Yep sure is..... Closer to 2 Hrs actually ,

Mal.

Where is Burpengary?

"Burpengary" lat=-27.162399, lon=152.9608 Sorry had to do that :-)

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=brisbane&daddr=-27.162399%2C152.9608%20(%22Burpengary%22)&ie=utf-8&v=2.1&cv=4.1.7087.5048&hl=en

All I need to know now is if my wife will let me out :-) ... I would love to catch-up and chat.

AM

Comment

Off-topic but I had a beer with my wifes uncle Gary at the Burpengary pub a few years ago while in QLD for a conference.

It amused me.
                          (even though he didnt burp)

Comment

Andy - even more amusing is the diner at Burpengary where if you can eat the truckies meal entirely its free!

Comment

How very cool...

Id love to go.

Andy you wouldnt be the first to be amused by "Burpengary" but I CAN see some all round hilarity at actually knowing a Gary who lived there.

On an unrelated note... "Humptydoo" is my favourite place name!

Cheers,

Meg

Comment

Working...
                              X