Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Coffee Crawl - December 15 2007

Hi All,

Who wants to go on a coffee crawl on Saturday December 15?!!!

It seems like December 15 might be the best date (sorry if you cant make it!)

Using the cafes from Identitys coffee crawl, suggested cafes are:
    - Cordial (Newtown)
    - Campos (Newtown)  
    - Tobys Estate (Camperdown)  
    - Mecca (City)  
    - Di Bartoli (Bonji Junction)
    and possibly Espresso Galleria (Haberfield), Grind (Cronulla).  

Brett suggested that we begin at Cordial for brekkie which sounds great to me.  

Itd be great if this coffee crawl happens and any ideas/suggestions are much welcomed!

Sammy

Re: Sydney Coffee Crawl - December 15 2007

I posted that I could make it in the other thread. I will confirm here that I would be in for this.

Brett

Comment

Have you got a rough start time?
      Michelle.

Comment

Yay that was quick!

Im not sure about a start time; does anyone have any ideas? Is 10am breakfast at Cordial too early or late?

-S

Comment

Hey Sammy

Sounds good and will be there if I can - suggest though that 10 is too late - by the time everyone arrives finds a park, has brekkie, it will be all over. Thats ok if you dont want to crawl.

I suggest no later than 9.

Comment

Cool, I cant wait to see you guys!

How about on the early side of 9am? 8:30am? 8am?

Also, does anyone know what would be best for transport? Cars (would there be difficulties with finding a park etc?) or Public Transport (...problems...?) or a combination of both? I havent had much experience driving/parking around those cafes but ive got a vehicle and im in the eastern suburbs if anyone wants a lift/car pool (and you get bonus points if you know the directions to any of those cafes!)

-S

Comment

Surprisingly, parking is pretty ok near cordial at that hour of the day.

Comment

Sadly, I cant make it as Ill be having xmas with my family on that day.

IIRC, we got to Cordial right on Saturday morning opening last time as they get busy quickly on the weekend. I also took the time to discuss with them starting our crawl there so that they were prepared for a big group first thing in the morning, and I think they appreciated that.

Have a great day!

Comment

Im sorry you cant make it hazchem. Thanks for the info though.

What does IIRC mean?

Do you reckon we should let all the places know that a group will be there or only the 1st place?

-S

Comment

I would be happy for anytime between 8-9 myself. If those who wanted breakfast were there between 8-8:30 and those who just wanted to come for coffee were there from 9-10 onwards would probably work out okay. The added bonus of starting earlier is that there is more parking near Cordial, as in right out front of Cordial. Even near Tobys was okay last time. It has the potential to get ugly once you get close to Mecca though.

As was said above it would definately be worthwhile giving Cordial the heads up, which would require people letting you know numbers as early as possible.

Just some rambled thoughts that you can take or leave.

Comment

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly, iirc.

I think 8.30s about the earliest my wife and I can get to Newtown comfortably, itll take about 45 minutes from we are plus a wait for a train. Well make 8 if thats what the group wants to do though - were looking forward to it!

My suggestion is to drop E.G. and Grind (too far to the edges and not so accessible by public transport, but maybe add Bacci (spelling?) in the QVB to that list, as its close to Mecca and I had a great cup last time I passed by.

John & Lisa

Comment

Ill drop by Cordial tomorrow and let them know a mob of at least 7 fanatical coffee-based-drink addicts will be turning up? Im passing through anyhow

Comment

Thanks John thatd be great!

Sorry, ive been working on a big assignment (due friday argh!) so have taken a bit of time to reply.

I agree, drop E.G and Grind. If were not gonna have MIs from the caffeine then add the QVB one too! Is there room for a bit of see how it goes on the day or should we cement everything in now? What do people reckon?

OK how about a start time of 8am - 8:30am at Cordial for breakfast and a bit later than that if youre there for the liquid stuff!

...and now back to the assignment...(sigh)

Comment

I THINK the best way to tackle the itinerary is to plan the order of things you want to go to. But allow for some fluidity of timing throughout the day. In terms of how good the coffee is people might stay a little longer and have an extra cup or two. If it is packed and is a battle to even get one round you might not want to stay there as long. I know 2mcm has talked up Elixir at the Strand before, which is only a hop, skip, and a jump from Mecca. I think they use Di Lorenzo if that is the place Chris is talking about.

Enjoy the assignment Sammy!

Comment

Originally posted by Brett link=1196044303/0#13 date=1196197258
                              I THINK the best way to tackle the itinerary is to plan the order of things you want to go to. But allow for some fluidity of timing throughout the day. In terms of how good the coffee is people might stay a little longer and have an extra cup or two. If it is packed and is a battle to even get one round you might not want to stay there as long. I know 2mcm has talked up Elixir at the Strand before, which is only a hop, skip, and a jump from Mecca. I think they use Di Lorenzo if that is the place Chris is talking about.

Enjoy the assignment Sammy!
                              At your own risk ;-)

Lots has changed at Elixir and my last visit was not what I had hoped for.

For me, Mecca, SO and Campos are still the best shots I have had in Sydney (but then there are a heap of places I havent tried ).

2mcm

Comment

Working...
                              X