Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CafeBiz 2008 - 13th & 14th April - Sydney

Café Biz 08 – It’s on Again!

Two days of café related products and services on display, under one roof in the impressive Randwick Pavilion.

- Taste, test and purchase new products directly on the day!
    - Join one of the FREE Educational Seminars on specific industry topics and the latest technological advances.

Now in its sixth year, Café Biz is the café industry’s premier annual exhibition - a café specific trade event.

Dates: 13th and 14th of April 2008, Randwick Pavilion at the Royal Randwick Racecourse.

Sunday 13th – focused on the retail coffee market, allowing non trade visitors to also enter the exhibition.
    Monday 14th – Trade only day, consisting of all the regular and NEW Café Biz competitions.

- Pura Milk Latte Art Competition
    - Da Vinci Trans Tasman Barista Competition (Heat One – 2008)
    - The first formal Team Infusion Competition attracting some of the country’s best tea makers who will perform under competition conditions.
    - The inaugural Café Cocktail Competition - a creative iced drink menu demonstration where baristas will showcase their favourite smoothie, frappe or iced beverage in a competition format.

The event will be FREE to all café owners and their employees.

Transport: Easily accessible by public transport and car parking is available.

[hr]

Google Map:
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=randwick+racecourse&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=0

[hr]

CafeBiz website and details:

http://www.cafebiz.net/

Re: CafeBiz 2008 - 13th & 14th April - Sydney

Nice one Andy should be a good show

Comment

I think we should try and make a CS event of it!

Im keen to go to the city of the big coat hanger for a look at the show and Im fairly sure at least a couple of our site sponsors will be there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1201093969/0#2 date=1201165048
        I think we should try and make a CS event of it!

Im keen to come to coat hanger city for a look at the show and Im fairly sure at least a couple of our site sponsors will be there too.
        Talk Coffee is planning on being in coathanger town well- once again in cahoots with ECA 8-)

Comment

Im panning on being there too!

Comment

Sounds like a plan!!

Andy, Im gonna need heaps of coffee if i am going to enter the "baristaships"............do you get to have a runner like in

cricket if your handicapped? (cant do latte art for nuts)

Craig.

Comment

Ive already talked to my boss about making this a business trip as well!

Comment

Unless there is a comp for wallies as well as Baristaroos!!

Comment

Will you need an "employee" for the day Dennis?

Comment

Sunday is open to non-industry folks.

Should probably start discussing meeting up.

Comment

(the bunny moved I swear)

Yes we should all meet somewhere.
                      At the moment in the thread the interstaters equal the locals in numbers... a 1 to 1 ratio of tour guides!

A quick check of the flights and I think I can be at Ranwick by 9am on the Sunday... is there somewhere close we can brunch prior to going for a wander?

Comment

Yeah, I dont know about the bunny moving, but its eyes are definitely following me. Im going to try and get there too... I guess I dont really have an excuse (not that Id need one), living 20 mins away.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1201093969/0#10 date=1201185470

At the moment in the thread the interstaters equal the locals in numbers... a 1 to 1 ratio of tour guides!

A quick check of the flights and I think I can be at Ranwick by 9am on the Sunday... is there somewhere close we can brunch prior to going for a wander?
                          There are stacks of cafes up at Randwick shopping centre though Im not familiar with the quality of coffee we might get there. Id be happy to be a taxi service for the day - can even pick up from the airport as its on my way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1201093969/0#12 date=1201215492
                            Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1201093969/0#10 date=1201185470

There are stacks of cafes up at Randwick shopping centre though Im not familiar with the quality of coffee we might get there. Id be happy to be a taxi service for the day - can even pick up from the airport as its on my way through.
                            If im in Sydney and not in Las Vegas for a trade show, ill come along to this as well, and like Dennis Im happy to be a taxi too.

Its not that far a drive from Single Origin back to Randwick ....

Comment

Im all booked- cya there gang!

Comment

Working...
                              X