NSW Barista & Cupping Championships
    Winner: Hazel de los Reyes (CSr HD)

19th & 20th April
    ACT Barista, Latte Art & Cupping Championships
    Winner: Patrick Connolly

22nd & 23rd April
    Asian Barista Championship (Singapore)

3rd & 4th May
    Australian Barista Championship - OPEN HEATS (Melbourne)
    Australian Barista Championship, Latte Art Championship and Cupping Championship
    Melbourne

2nd - 5th May
    SCAA Conference and USBC (USA)

18th May
    NZ Barista Championships

16th - 22nd June
    World Cuptasting Championship (Copenhagen)

16th - 22nd June
    World Latte Art Championship (Copenhagen)

16th - 22nd June
    WBC World Barista Championship (Copenhagen)

Re: AASCA - Australian Barista Championship Schedu

SA Barista Championships are only scheduled for Thursday 21st. Friday isnt scheduled anymore. Would be great if a lot of South Aussies showed up to support. And even better if more compete. I will be there watching proudly. :

Comment

Thanks for the update.

I heard that the entries in SA might be a little low at the moment... can we get some local CSrs to give their local barista a shove in the right direction?

There is a trip to "wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen" up for grabs to the Aussie barista who gets through the state and national finals.

Has to be worth a crack!

Comment

Donnas650--please keep us updated about the SA competition--I would love to go and view but Thursday is probably impossible at this point. Do you have any idea of the times when things will be happening?
        Greg

Comment

Hey Greg,
          you could try and contact the SA organiser, Brian Raslan
          Caffe.buongiorno.ttp [at] kern.com.au

Hey Everyone
          Please find attached The 2008 Detpak Australian Barista Championship Poster. We thought that you may wish to print off a few copies that you can display in our business. For more information about specific locations your can go to our website www.assca.com

As you are aware this marks premier showcase of Specialty Coffee and barista skills in Australia. We are expecting a very high standard of competition this year throughout the regional finals around Australia leading to the National Finals in Melbourne with the winner being flown to the World Barista Championships to represent Australia in Copenhagen, Denmark in June.
          CSrs
          the PDF poster is attached below, print it out, get it up everywhere so this years event is huge.

Comment

The sa comp is scheduled for this thurs, 21st feb at the function room, upsstairs at the beachhouse, glenelg. the day should get started from 11am (if everything goes as planned), but well all be there earlier than that getting set up and all. Were also planning on running an in-promptu latte-art comp that will be open to anyone (both professional and home-snobs) which were hoping to be a bit more fun and less serious than the official comp (details on the day).

Hope to see you all (or at least a handful of you) there, and i can only re-iterate andys words to give your local barista a good shoving to get involved.

There should also be a coffee cart setup (thanks bill!) thatll be manned by some of the states best, so we should be able to get you guys a decent cuppa or two!!

Comment

I have a question about how the National Championships work...

I gather that all the State Champions are invited to compete. Are State runners up also invited? Would make sense to me, as a runner up in any particular State, may have scored better than a winner from another State.

Maybe someone could give us a run down on how it all works.

Comment

There is an open repechage (basically a 2nd chance) the day before the national finals.

The winner of this open repechage will go straight in to the national final the next day to battle it out with all the other state and territory champions for the coveted Australian Barista Championships....so obviously there will be one state or territory that will have 2 representatives.

You raise a very valid point Dennis. Erin Sampsons calibration score was good enough to take out 3rd place in Australia last year.....she came runner up in both Victoria and the Open Repechage. Because she was the runner up to Con in the Opens, she was invited to be the calibration competitor for all the finalist judges.

Comment

Thanks David!

Nice to see this in place.

Comment

WA Winner was Jen Murray from the WA Barista Academy

Comment

And in to Melbourne, The AASCA Train rolls.....making me nervous looking at all the photos!

Comment

Hey all i am headding off to go look at the ACT comp 2 day and tomorrow i have never senn a barister comp and am looking forward to it ill let you know how i think it goes (i have no doubut i will be back with like a mil Q&A if someone would be glad to talk about it)

Mere

Comment

Originally posted by Amerecoffeemaker link=1202798872/0#11 date=1208574727
                          Hey all i am headding off to go look at the ACT comp 2 day and tomorrow i have never senn a barister comp and am looking forward to it  ill let you know how i think it goes (i have no doubut i will be back with like a mil Q&A if someone would be glad to talk about it)

Mere
                          Keep us in the loop regarding your courtroom experiences Mere....better BYO coffee  ;D

Oh, and by the way, welcome!

Chris

Comment

Does anyone know who won in NSW?

Comment

Hazel

Comment

Working...
                              X