No announcement yet.

NSW/ACT/TAS CoffeeSnobs "Roast-Off"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSW/ACT/TAS CoffeeSnobs "Roast-Off"...

Ditto.....

Link to original thread in Coffee Equipment&#124;Roasters... http://<span style="color:#ffff00"><.../u></b></span>

Re: NSW CoffeeSnobs &quot;Roast-Off&quot;...

It seems like Kimel is the bean of choice in NSW. So be it!

So far, GregJW, Michelle and Christop have entered, while TG seems to be pondering cup cakes versus cuppacoffee. ;D

If anyone else would like to join in the fun of roasting, please post here and pm me with your address so that I can send out the beans on 1st May. Ill reply to PMs as to how to make payment ($20).

Roasters or not, everyone is very welcome to come along on the 24th May to join in the fun. Im sure we can all learn from each other, and it will be a great opportunity to taste how different roast profiles can impact on whats in the cup.

Comment

Hi Dennis

Count me in......sounds like a lot of fun.

I will PM you my address.

Cheers,
      Paolo.

Comment

Ok,..assuming the ACT is included in NSW.. count me in *gulp*.  

I doubt that Ill get to the meetup,.. but hey,.. there must be one tech head amonst you that could whack up a webcam   .

You probably still have my addy.

Comment

Yah, more participants!

Hope you can make it Remy - let the kids make their own hot chocolate for a day...its a nice drive up here.

PM your address anyway - that way Ill have them all together.

Comment

Originally posted by cuppacoffee link=1208926553/0#4 date=1208938322
            Yah, more participants!

Hope you can make it Remy - let the kids make their own hot chocolate for a day...its a nice drive up here.

PM your address anyway - that way Ill have them all together.
            Yep will do now.

Comment

Oops! just re-read this,.. &lt;&lt;snip&gt;&gt; I will offer any home roasting coffee snobs 3Kg of the voted bean from my stash including postage for $20. You roast it and send 500gm back. The offer is to 10 people only, preference to NSW home roasters who will be attending (if we get too many takers). The tasting will be done by the NSW coffeesnob community at cuppacoffee roastery, all blind. We will cup in plungers. &lt;&lt;/snip&gt;&gt; from here Gathering at cuppacoffee roastery, and since theres a very good chance I might not be able to attend the schlurp & big belly larf tasting,..please put me 1st on the reserves bench (to fill a spot if less than 10 take up the offer),.. I dont want to be taking a place from someone who could attend for sure.

Comment

Remy, if its a case of being too far to drive perhaps we could tag team - you could drive to Moss Vale, Ill do the rest of the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Viviane link=1208926553/0#7 date=1208987426
                  Remy, if its a case of being too far to drive perhaps we could tag team - you could drive to Moss Vale, Ill do the rest of the trip?
                  Ooh now that sounds like a plan.  Thanks Viviene that might be the go for me.  

Im ok with the distance,. I drove to Campbeltown every Friday night straight from work and back to Canberra Monday morning straight to work for 2.5yrs.. so Im ok with that leg of the trip,..and I know I can get to Baulkham Hills easy (I know the meetup is nowhere near) via the M5 because we go there reasonably often.  However what Im not sure about is driving in Sydney traffic, though I think its really not so much the traffic itself, I think Id be fine with that,.. its the fear of getting way off track and missing a turn and ending up miles down the freeway to Newcastle or something,.. I might arrive at the meetup at 4,lol.

Having said that,.. I do have a GPS now, just havent used it in Sydney yet,.. so I could very well be ok using that. Or alternatively,..I could drive,..meeet up with you and follow you the rest of the way.  I am actually a bit sick of being afraid of driving and finding my way round in Sydney and wouldnt mind the challenge with my friend GPS helping.

There have been lots of events in Sydney that I wouldve loved to have gone to in the past,  but missed out on because I was too scared of getting completely lost in that last leg of the trip. The kids and hubby have sporting commitments on the weekends so its really hard to drag hubby (and so would then have to take the kids too) away on a weekend day to go up to Sydney because I want to get to a coffee meet or whatever. It would do wonders, for my confidence however, if I could do it myself,.*shudder*(I just really thought about it).

As we get closer to the day,.. can I leave that decision til then?.. I need to think(and probably talk myself out of it)some more,..check the maps, set up GPS and stuff. Im such a whuss!  Thanks for the offer Viviene.. thats really cool and youve got me really excited thinking that I might actually get there afterall.

Comment

As an aside to the "real" comp, Im looking to organise a more informal home v. commercial session. Well have some mystery green pre-roast blend that ill divvy out to those interested the week before Beanbay pickup on May 3. Simply take the greens home, roast them, and bring back May 3. Well have a bit of blind espresso cupping, and those involved can vote on which they prefer. Ill roast some myself to add to the flight of coffees.

Needed a reason to try and get the CSers who are coming to pick up to have a bit of a gathering and chat about what we have in common...The love of coffee.

Comment

Hey Remy ... if driving a distance isnt an issue, hows about flooring it & coming up for the Qld gig - Ill pick you up in Brizzy & do the remaining trip to Yandina ;D

Comment

The roastery is located in Sydneys southern suburbs Remy (Caringbah for your GPS), and a fairly direct route off the M5, so you shouldnt face the prospect of a lot of traffic.  Besides, if you can find your way around the ACT, you should easily be able to find a needle in a haystack! ;D

Comment

Ok..now Im confused.. where is the NSW Roast-Off going to be held and any ideas on dates yet?

EDITED TO ADD: Oh good grief... you guys beat me,.. thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrindOnDemand link=1208926553/0#10 date=1209001729
                            Hey Remy ... if driving a distance isnt an issue, hows about flooring it & coming up for the Qld gig - Ill pick you up in Brizzy & do the remaining trip to Yandina ;D
                            I would lovvvvvvve to get back up to QLD.  My mother lived on the Gold Coast for 11yrs (Canberra now.. poor thing) and my MIL and SIL+ her family live not far from Bris. It is time for us to do the trip to QLD during Christmas school hols this year, so I might get up to a QLD get-together yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy link=1208926553/0#8 date=1209000318
                              and I know I can get to Baulkham Hills easy (I know the meetup is nowhere near) via the M5 because we go there reasonably often.  
                              See... lost already... that would be M7 of course : ..... Im hopeless I tellya..hopeless!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X