2009-2011 WBC Sponsors Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009-2011 WBC Sponsors Announcement

Knowing how much we all here love our equipment and our coffee news around there world. I found out from the WBC website that the 2009-2011 WBC Sponsors annoucement is going to be held on the 29th of August 2008 at 1pm GMT. So thats our 11pm AEST I believe.

Hmmm, I wonder if La Marzocco and Compak are going to stay as sponsors or are we going to see a changing of the guards.

Theres going to be a live stream on http://www.worldbaristachampionship.com/

Man Im such a geek...this is what happens when your shop gets delayed and youre sitting at home on Coffeesnobs all the time.

Re: 2009-2011 WBC Sponsors Announcement

La Marzocco probably not...I hope compak keeps the sponsorship. Exact a full revamp of all the sponsors including ones like syrups.

Comment

Bring on the Hx machine sponsor (fingers crossed)

Comment

Sunbeam?

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1216785232/0#1 date=1216786082
          La Marzocco probably not...I hope compak keeps the sponsorship. Exact a full revamp of all the sponsors including ones like syrups.
          The word on Baristaexchange seems to say that as well. Will that change the machines used for comps here as well?

Comment

Will that change the machines used for comps here as well?
            The contestants would need to practice and familiarize themselves with the equipment that is to be used
            Otherwise they could come undone

KK

Comment

Havent read B-Ex yet, but when I was chatting to the guys at Dalla Corte at CafeBiz earlier this year, they said that I might be seeing their machines at the WBCs. I thought they were just talking themselves up, but....

Comment

Dalle Corte would be interesting. Everyone would be buying 53mm tamps!

Comment

Lets make it really interesting.
                  Everyone on a Breville Cafe Roma with Supermarket coffee and a blade grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1216785232/0#7 date=1216800199
                    Dalle Corte would be interesting. Everyone would be buying 53mm tamps!
                    And laptops to program them... :

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy link=1216785232/0#8 date=1216800624
                      Lets make it really interesting.
                      Everyone on a Breville Cafe Roma with Supermarket coffee and a blade grinder.
                      ;D ;D ;D - I might have a chance if this were the case ... now where are those pressurised filter baskets.... :-/

Comment

lots of gossip sugests the nuova simenelli aurelia is a big front runner, but at the end of the day gossip is just that. Cant wait to see though!

Oh, and yeah, whatever the sponser, those machines will be made available for all official comps world-wide.

Comment

Yep, my money is on the Nuova Simonelli Aurelia

...although I would love it to be the Victoria Arduino that Javaphile took pictures of at SCAA this year... such a cool looking "alien" machine.

Comment

I dont like the steam wand control of the Nuova Simonellis. Was seriously considering one for the shop but couldnt get use to the ON or OFF flip switch of the NS.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Gene link=1216785232/0#13 date=1216820477
                              I dont like the steam wand control of the Nuova Simonellis. Was seriously considering one for the shop but couldnt get use to the ON or OFF flip switch of the NS.
                              True, but the espresso from them is something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X