Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Sunday (Celebrate the Bean) 2009

Good news CSrs!

We will be running a home roasting tent at Wicked Sunday (the event formerly known as Celebrate the Bean) again.

The event will be held at Federation Square, on the banks of the Yarra in Melbourne.

Wicked Sunday
    Sunday 15th March 2009

We are looking for some CS’rs to come and roast in the Wicked Sunday tent so if your keen to spend a day making chaff and brown beans on a popper, breadmaker, Hottop, Gene Café or some other whacky roasting device let me know via email.

There will be a “Home Barista Competition” again and we will do some roasting demos on stage during the day too.
    http://www.homebarista.com.au/hbi_news_42.html

This is the schedule for the Celebrate the Bean Stage

10:00 – 10:15 MC Welcome BBC Good Food
    10:15 – 10:45 Tips on making great coffee at home
    10:45 – 11:00 Latte Art Demo I
    11:00 – 12:00 Bean to Cup – William Angliss Coffee Academy
    12:00 – 13:00 HBI Comp part I
    13:00 – 13:45 Home Roasting Demo
    13:45 – 14:45 HBI Comp part II
    14:45 – 15:00 Latte Art Demo II
    15:00 – 15:30 HBI Winners announced
    15:30 - 15:45 MC wrap up BBC Good Food

Roasters Week
    Monday 16th – Sunday 22nd March 2009

The following week is going to be called “Roasters Week” and coffee roasters all around Victoria will open their doors to the public for educational sessions, demos and tours.  I don’t know how many roasters will be involved but I have spoken to a few that are keen to get something happening that week and I’m sure the numbers will build.

The organisers also have an opening for an MC on the day.  If you have a love of all things coffee, enjoy explaining things to a layman and are happy to talk about coffee all day (sounds like most CoffeeSnobs to me!) let me know.

The event is still 3 months 3 weeks 4 daysaway but we are getting the information up nice and early so that interstate CS’rs that would like to come have plenty of time to plan a trip and grab some cheap airfares.

Should be a blast!

8-)

Re: Wicked Sunday (Celebrate the Bean) 2009

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1228370360/0#0 date=1228370360
    Good news CSrs!

We will be running a home roasting tent at Wicked Sunday (the event formerly known as Celebrate the Bean) again.

The event will be held at Federation Square, on the banks of the Yarra in Melbourne.

Wicked Sunday
    Sunday 15th March 2009

There will be a “Home Barista Competition” again and we will do some roasting demos on stage during the day too.  

The following week is going to be called “Roasters Week” and coffee roasters all around Victoria will open their doors to the public for educational sessions, demos and tours.  I don’t know how many roasters will be involved but I have spoken to a few that are keen to get something happening that week and I’m sure the numbers will build.

Roasters Week
    Monday 16th – Sunday 22nd March 2009

We will be looking for some CS’rs to come and roast in the Wicked Sunday tent so if your keen to spend a day making chaff and brown beans on a popper, breadmaker, Hottop, Gene Café or some other whacky roasting device let me know via email.

The organisers also have an opening for an MC on the day.  If you have a love of all things coffee, enjoy explaining things to a layman and are happy to talk about coffee all day (sounds like most CoffeeSnobs to me!) let me know.

The event is still 3 months away but we are getting the information up nice and early so that interstate CS’rs that would like to come have plenty of time to plan a trip and grab some cheap airfares.

Should be a blast!

8-)

(PS: Ill edit this first post as more information comes to hand)
    Im happy to bring a Gene along and brown some beans

Chris

Comment

Thank you Andy and Chris for this information. Sounds fabulous for c/sers. We will get booking accomodation straight away.
      Looking forward to a great day.
      Herbie

Comment

Bummer, Ill miss it by a week, were coming to Melbourne Moomba weekend for 5 days, Ive been planning my caffeine oriented schedule and Im going to be a busy boy for 5 days. BBB cupping on Sat morning is on there already!!

Comment

Lock me in Andy, im free that weekend...glad to help out where needed.

Comment

At this stage I am free..(just waiting on new employment confirmation)
            Will know more by the end of this month and into the New Year.

-Linda

Comment

What the heck, just got home from Aussie. Ill sell the kids !!!

Chris

Comment

Yeah me too + corretto........CTB2008 was great fun.

Comment

Kids sold Im there !

Comment

Nice work Chris.
                    Maybe we can all chip-in and buy them back after the event?

It should be great fun. If we can help with airport transfers or anything else let me know (via email) and we will make it happen. Of course, the same goes for any interstate CSrs who are coming into Melbourne for that weekend

Comment

I think I should start selling the idea to Ofra, I may see you there.

Cheers

Renzo

Comment

Roasting for fun and ...more fun ! Count me in Andy ; Reubster is a good teacher and Ill repay the favour .

ciao, pip.

Comment

ill definately do my best to get there! whats the score with the home barista comp. how does one enter these things?

Comment

Home Barista Institute Championship 2009

1st Prize:
                            $500 and 6 months Coffee Bean Supply. A Home Barista Kit from Home Barista Institute valued at $195.

2nd Prize:
                            $250 and 3 months Coffee Bean Supply.

3rd Prize:
                            $100 and 2 months Coffee Bean Supply.

Entry Fee: $55.00 includes A Home Barista Institute Show Bag

Entries Close: 6 March 2009

Limit of 20 entries in total!

Read more...
                            http://www.homebarista.com.au/hbi_news_42.html

Grab the form...
                            http://homebarista.com.au/doc/Wicked-Sunday-Registration-Form.pdf

Note: Their entry form currently says Waterfront city (I think thats a hangover from last year)... but the comp will be at Fed Square.

Comment

is this comp open to anyone ? might be a good stepping stone in competing in the Vics.

Comment

Working...
                              X