Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanScene Magazine - great news.

BeanScene Magazine

As mentioned in another thread ( http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1229206233 )

The magazine BeanScene is starting its second life and is now published by John Murphy who has spent many months putting together a great team of Australian coffee people to fill the magazine with interesting content.

Starting with the new managing editior, Steve Agi of  Melbourne Coffee Review fame BeanScene now boasts a list of interesting locals including Instaurator, Emily Oak, David Makin, Lance Brown, Carlo Di Salvatore, Maria Paoli, Con Haralambopoulos, Tina Partsioglou, Luca Costanzo, Ian Callahan, Rita Srblin, Bruno Maiolo, Nathan Wakeford, Ross Quail, Ricky Srblin, Jesse Hyde, Michael Carroll, Scottie Callaghan, Tom Beaumont and some hairy chin bloke from CoffeeSnobs called Andy Freeman.

The magazine will have 6 issues per year and if you subscribe ($40 per year) you will be in the running for a Giotto (from CS Site Sponsors) Espresso Company Australia and $5 from every subscription will go to FairCrack!

How cool it that!  

A couple of months ago I met with John, Steve and Brad from Prime Creative Media and they were very keen to support FairCrack after following its progress so far on CoffeeSnobs and they were only too happy to chip-in for every subscription.

But wait for the steak knives...

In each BeanScene issue we will have a CoffeeSnobs page that will contain 3 CoffeeSnobs members secretly selected by the moderator team.  The first three have already been submitted to the magazine and will appear in the first issue.  I won’t spill the beans on who they are until the magazine hits the shelves but they are well known to us all.

You can purchase a subscription online via PayPal
    http://www.beanscenemagazine.com.au
    or via fax using the PDF below.

Re: BeanScene Magazine - great news.

Very cool Andy!!
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

This is exciting news for the specialty coffee industry and coffee snobs, fanatics, geeks, lovers etc ......and hopefully it will help educate the masses about raising the bar and enjoying quality coffee.
      "life is too short to drink bad coffee"--good luck BeanScene.............................

Comment

Great ...Im in!

If not already planned, an article about how Faircrack has helped the Kilimanjaro coffee farmers would be worthwhile.

Comment

Great news Andy,
          But how have you managed to fit in time to contribute to the mag you seem to be a very busy man.
          Do you have special coffee that slows time down?

Just paid for subscription should be a good read.

Comment

Just paid my subscription.
            Another CSer in Grendel will be contributing on who and what is happening on the WA beanscene.

Comment

Just subscribed
              I dont know what I am going to do with that Giotto I am going to win

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_S link=1231509968/0#6 date=1231542292
                I have a recommendation to solve your dilemma Ben. I know a great location to put it.

Comment

As happenstance would have it, I was searching for something else late last night and rean across the website.
                  I didnt subscribe straight away (I did see the Giotto comp) but bookmarked to go back today.

I also noticed the Faircrack donation - thats brilliant to get more people onboard.

Comment

Great news Andy.

Ive just subscribed. Very handy as I didnt know what to do with that amount I had in my Paypal account that was too small to transfer to my bank account without incurring a fee. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Looking forward to seeing the product in the flesh.

Brett.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn_aus link=1231509968/0#7 date=1231542579
                      Originally posted by Ben_S link=1231509968/0#6 date=1231542292
                      I have a recommendation to solve your dilemma Ben. I know a great location to put it.  
                      Next to my new VBM?

Comment

Originally posted by flynn_aus link=1231509968/0#3 date=1231532217
                        Great ...Im in!

If not already planned, an article about how Faircrack has helped the Kilimanjaro coffee farmers would be worthwhile.
                        Hmmm... that might have already been submitted

Sooo hard to keep a secret around here.
                        ;D

Comment

Whens the first edition out?

Comment

First edition?  This month.

Great news Andy,
                            But how have you managed to fit in time to contribute to the mag you seem to be a very busy man.
                            Do you have special coffee that slows time down?
                            Yes I am pretty busy but its all fun and Im never bored.

Slow time down?  No but I have some great coffee that stops me from sleeping.  

Comment

As long as your having fun doing what you are doing and enjoying it, keep up the good work.

I usaully have a couple of double espressos back to back to wake me a bit in the afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X