R.I.P. Les Hawker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Les Hawker

I just heard some very sad news, Les Hawker passed away in the early hours today.

Les has been a long time supporter of CoffeeSnobs and the Australian coffee scene, 100s of Australian roasters (including CoffeeSnobs) have bought their roaster and equipment from Coffee Roasters Australia and like a proud father he treated every competition medal win as one of his own.

We will all miss Less happy smile and good nature at every future coffee event too.

Bye friend.

Re: R.I.P. Les Hawker

OMG wow Im shocked, Ive only known Les for a month but my partner and myself had so much respect for him. He was a kind, wise and very friendly character who was always willing to answer any question. I had only just talked to him on Tuesday and this is a huge shock. He has helped dozens of people entering the Roasting business and I think it can be rightly said he was at the forefront of helping bringing micro roasteries into the Australian industry.

RIP Les

Comment

What terrible and sad news.

Les was great bloke and did so much for the industry and roasting in Australia.

Our sincere sympathy to Les family and friends.

Les will be greatly missed.  

Comment

Les was a legend & he will be sadly missed. Ive known him a couple of years & without him i would never have started my business. He was always helpful with advice & assistance.

My sympathies to his family & friends.

Comment

Terrible news
          Just talking to him last night. was looking forward to catching at the show on Friday.
          You will be missed you loveable larrikin.
          Thoughts are with wife & family of 7 children, close friends.
          Thankyou for sharing your hard earned knowledge over the years.
          Rest in Peace Les Hawker
          Paul & All

Comment

Cant Believe it.

Les we will miss you, just spoke to him on Saturday

sympathy & love to your famliy at this time.

Team Barun

Comment

I bought my first roaster from Les...

He gave me some great advice on setting up the business, and he was always happy to help, at any time...

A very sad loss..

RIP mate..

Comment

Les Hawker is now gone from our sight
                but never from our memories, or our hearts.
                He shall be greatly missed.

Sympathy to the family he is now in the great coffee house in the sky

KK

Comment

Its seems from these posts that a great man is gone. My deepest sympathy to Less family and friends.

I never met him but someone who share our passion for coffee must have been a great person.

MB

Comment

Ave Atque Vale Les

"Hail and Farwell"

Comment

Very sad news indeed....

My only contact with Les was via the electronic mail medium when ever I thought to ask him for information or advice over the last few years. His responses were always very informative, courteous and light-heartedly friendly and he will be missed terribly by all with a passion for coffee.

Our deepest condolences go to Les Family and close friends; he really was one of the good guys...

Thank you Les..... [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Comment

Farewell my friend.
                        Les helped us get started roasting 4 years ago with our first little 2Kg Has Garanti Roaster and had sold us many an Expobar over that time as well. He has seen our business grow and prosper over that time and been a general all round great bloke. Les will be missed and contributed much to our industry.
                        RIP Les.

Mark Pearce
                        Caffeine Espresso
                        Bris

Comment

I had spoken with Les only a couple of weeks ago and am deeply saddened by this news. Good bye and RIP. You will be missed in the coffee community.

Comment

I had only just spoken to Les Yesterday. He was always happy and willing to offer his experience and guidance. It was an honour to have known you, you will be sorely missed.

Comment

Les Hawker ,thanks for your support and assistance. One of lifes true characters,keep on "rocking n rolling". Im sure my Has Garantis were quietly weeping this morning. R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                              X