CoffeeSnobs Web Browser Toolbar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoffeeSnobs Web Browser Toolbar.

We now have a CoffeeSnobs toolbar for web browsers!

It has a running "news ticker" that contains the subject line of all the current topics.  If you see something of interest you can just click the subject and it will open it in a new window.

It has a google search built in and if you select the little drop arrow inside the search box it then becomes a Google CoffeeSnobs site search.

It also has a live "BeanBay Alert" that will help notify those that are having trouble getting the monthly BeanBay emails.

You can also add your own widgets for email, weather, internet radio etc and of course, change or disable the toolbar if you want to.

Installation is as easy as just a few clicks at the bottom of this page and as we update, change or add new features to the toolbar everyone will get it at the same time.

8-)

Re: CoffeeSnobs Web Browser Toolbar.

V. 8-)

Comment

More junk to slow down my browsing, but very cool junk 8-) Time to loose the google toolbar if you can include a spellceck for us Enginears

Comment

I have always avoided installing toolbars (including Google) but I can see that a CoffeeSnobs toolbar will be a useful tool for many people although already I have found the news ticker is a serious distraction while on other websites… and I guess your boss will see it as a non-productivity tool

We can chop and change it around a little so I look forward to reading some feedback in this thread after people install it. I have installed it in Internet Explorer 8.0.xxx and Firefox 3.0.6 and both were pretty smooth.

Comment

very cool
          now i will do less work

Comment

also - will try and test on safari and firefox for the Mac when home

B

Comment

Originally posted by 72555E6F63300 link=1235964862/5#5 date=1235968452
              will try and test on safari and firefox for the Mac when home
              Great, it will be interesting to see how you go.

They say it works on IE & Firefox on Linux, Mac and PC.  I didnt see mention of Safari or other browsers though so you might only have a 50/50 win rate at home.

The splash page is: http://coffeesnobs.ourtoolbar.com or clicking on the image at the bottom of the forum will go straight to the download.

Comment

works fine on Firefox for Mac. Installs smoothly.

On Safari, it just downloaded the EXE and told me I was trying to install a windows app.

Prefer firefox to safari anyway

Comment

Nice work Andy the radio station feature is great

Comment

Glad it worked on the Mac, thanks Ben.

Radio? Yes, pretty good quality. ABC news radio and other AM stations work better through the net than any real radio in our house too.

yet another non-productivity tool proudly bought to you from CoffeeSnobs

Comment

So is this monetizing coffeesnobs or fair crack? (in the interest of being up front and all - most toolbars monetize something due to search revenue)

Comment

Originally posted by 4348445F4C5B290 link=1235964862/10#10 date=1235988292
                        So is this monetizing coffeesnobs or fair crack? (in the interest of being up front and all - most toolbars monetize something due to search revenue)  
                        Monetizing?  
                        Is that to paint like a Frenchman?
                        ;D

If I cannot afford to purchase Claudes collection with the revenue then the squillions of anticipated dollars thats raised from 1 cent banner installations will go directly to the:
                        "buy Andy a tropical island with some nice coffee trees on it fund"

I doubt it would ever pay a dollar figure worth talking about (if at all) and certainly it wont pay for the time that I took to make and test it.  If it did pay something then it would go into "consolidated revenue" and fund some of the $2000+ a month freight subsidy that we pay (and have been paying out of my IT earnings for 5 years).
                        :

"in the interest of being up front and all"... Please mind your own business James and just enjoy this for what it is.
                        >

It was never a fund rasing exercise, it is an optional tool that people can install because its useful.  It has a really nice RSS feed and provides a method of alerting people to the monthly BeanBay sale in real time without the troubles that were caused with last months email.

If you dont like it, dont install it.

If you do like it, install it.

Comment

I like this one, Andy, thanks. Its very cool. 8-)

Comment

Ive installed it too Andy, and its great. Thanks for doing this for us!

Comment

Thanks Viviane and Dennis, thats the spirit!

I have only been running it for 4 days but Im pretty happy with it so far. We tested more than a dozen different toolbars and nearly as many desktop widgets and most crashed the browser, only worked in one browser, were clunky to install or just plain didnt work as they should.

This one is easy to get going and actually works!

Yesterday I changed the news ticker background as the white made the scrolling text very distracting and "a little too in your face". The real beauty is everyone gets the change instantly without having to download and install another copy of the toolbar.

I added the weather icon to mine too. Although lots of small towns dont get the current temp so I set mine to the nearest capital city. 23c in Melbourne at the moment it tells me (and a chilly 14c in Perth).

Comment

Working...
                              X