(PRE) SCAA Atlanta 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PRE) SCAA Atlanta 2009

Well not quite on the ground yet but Im in the right country!

I landed in Los Angeles about 5 hours ago, I have grabbed a hire car and spent the morning cruising some of the California coast line, taking in the sights and some of the culture on the ground.

Ill fly to Altanta tomorrow night and will report in from SCAA (Specialty Coffee Assn America) on Wednesday.

Re: SCAA Atlanta 2009 - On the ground.

Great to hear that youre there safely, Andy!

Comment

Keep right, KEEP RIGHT! :P

(Have fun)

Comment

Have fun Andy!

Man, everyones over there! Im jealous.

Ah well, got some alarms set ready to drag myself out of bed at 2am to watch the WBC. :

Comment

Hey Andy
          Have a good time at the WBC in Atlanta
          Keep us informed here on CS and on Twitter as I have added you on my follow list
          For all twitter ers its under Coffee Snobs / Andy Freeman

KK

Comment

Have lots of fun Andy

Comment

Does this mean your not roasting this week?

Comment

Originally posted by 6569677572676A59656960606363060 link=1239659120/6#6 date=1239695363
                Does this mean your not roasting this week?
                Hi Craig- Andy left the following message in brown bay:

2mcm

### PLEASE NOTE ###
                We will not be roasting until 22nd April but we have just roasted lots of sample packs that are ready to ship now and as a special for this week only they are just $25 each for 1 kilo of coffee!
                ################

Comment

WooHoo!! Glad to hear you made it across the big pond safely there Andy! I hope the weather is cooperating for your drive along the coast and youre getting to see something other than the city!

Java "See ya tomorrow!" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Can anyone give a local time for Tims performance?

Comment

Nevermind. Local time, Tims performance will be Friday 4.27am AEST

Practice time: 4.10am
                      Performance: 4.27am

another to watch out for on day 1, Sammy Piccolo from Canada, going in as one of the red hot favourites for WBC.

5.26am practice
                      5.43am performance

Any websites that takes bets for WBC? Bet Carl Sara and Sammy Piccolo.

Comment

Ok... so not at the SCAA yet but here are some travel pics.

Originally posted by 0E3B22287C7D4B0 link=1239659120/2#2 date=1239675374
                        Keep right, KEEP RIGHT!  
                        Wow.. that is closer to the truth than I would have thought.  Im doing ok, no damage yet but have had a few horn blasts in my direction.

Reading a map and then driving is the hardest as Im reading maps in "left hand drive mode" and when I get to the busy interchanges Im in the wrong lane, looking the wrong way.

Stop signs are on the wrong side of the road too!  I didnt realise how often I only look for those on the left.

Here is a picture of my childhood favourite matchbox car, updated to 2008 model but still "has the look". Pic was taken somewhere south of LA on the coast, nice beaches, good weather and fun to "cruise" the coast in this...

Comment

for fans of the classic tarantino movie you will appreciate this picture of my suitcase...

I bought a little coffee with me (10kg).

Comment

Coffee in a can...

As most of you know I have bought lots of asian coffee in a can products in the past, these I grabbed last night.

The starbucks double shot with cream was not too bad (in a canned coffee scale). It has low fat milk and cream (go figure!) and actually had a coffee taste.

The monster can was more like the rest of the canned market... more coffee than a Iced coffee BigM but only just.

Comment

Coffee in the hotel is a filter machine. A small packet of coffee sealed inside a filter bag (like a coffee tea bag) and a little brewer.

I made it as single cup of coffee but it was still weak (looks about a single espresso shot of coffee). Interesting and better than instant but not as good as the coffee I bought with me

You get cute little packets of sugar, nutrisweet, stirrer and powdered whitener. A decaf and "leaded" coffee and individually wrapped take away cups.

I think Ill grab a pack of filters today.

Comment

Working...
                              X