Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoffeeSnobs - Go large!

Guess what?

CoffeeSnobs is going large... very large!

We have taken a lease on a 450m2 shed plus 10 car parks.

CoffeeSnobs.com.au
    59 Morgan Street
    North Geelong
    Vic 3215

We have been shipping green beans from there for the last few months while we were setting-up the roaster and building a new showroom/playroom.

There has been a huge amount of building, painting and general setup to this point and we are still going.  I was hoping to have it all finished before I announced it but its all dragging-on and I just cannot keep the secret any longer!

So enough typing, here are some progress pictures of...

SNOBBERY TOO

Lease signed!

Paula and what looks like a tiny Snobvan in the corner.

My kids being mannequins in the front window

The frame for the showroom gets started.  That wall when finished is 3300mm high, 9200mm long

...and the frame stands up.

...goes around the corner.

looking big.

...and gets covered.

The kids have fun in the off-cuts and sawdust

The walls take shape

Can see progress now

Sarah and Zed paint the ceiling joists as well as each other.

Tiana tends to her garden (watering with a milk jug!)

The showroom walls are finished

Re: CoffeeSnobs - Go large!

Now the roasting room gets a tweak

I removed the old single door and put double saloon doors in so I can get in and out with an arm load.

Walls have been covered with fire-rated plaster, with double tin sheet behind.

Sanding plaster is a messy job!

Garden outside the roasting window after it got the Tiana/Trevor flower treatment.

Comment

back to the showroom...

The REALLY BIG laminated beam arrives.

Gets painted and goes up!

Ceiling tiles go on.

Floor gets painted

Roaster room gets painted

The floor gets paint

...and the new roaster we are building goes in.

Comment

as if multiple full-time jobs consisting of IT work, roasting and building were not enough to fill in my "spare time" something made me think that we could also build a better roaster at the same time so we are!

Most of the engineering on the roaster is done, we are waiting on the Type-B gas plumber to source the special burners which will be driven by the CoffeeSnobs Roast Monitor software and then he will finalise the gas certification so we can fire the very pretty stainless beasty up.

Sometime soon the electrician will be installing more 3 phase around the shed so we can power this and other things up.

We are still pretty far from finishing all the building, roaster engineering and snobbery setup as things like BeanBays and Behmors tend to jump the queue but the above pictorial posts should give you an idea of where we have got to so far.

When we finish it in the coming months we will have one heck of a "snobbery too" warming and all the CSrs will be invited around for a cuppa and a biscuit (or similar).

8-)

Comment

Man you dont do things by half do you! I want days with the number of hours yours have. Mine only have 24.

Looks good, hope all goes well.

Rob

Comment

One day you may take a breath...

All the best Andy, you make us look pale.

Comment

Boy o Boy Andy You have been putting in the hours burning the midnight oil ,Congratulation on a job well done Mate looking great ..

Great Pics and All the best for the new snobbery the new roaster shure is shiny ;D ;D

Cheers Gra..

Comment

That place is BIG
                Congrats Andy

Now get back to work or get the whip cracking :P

KK

Comment

Congrats Andy.

Its really taking shape. You and your helpers deserve many pats on the back.

Cant wait for the "snobbery too" warming. Shall we all bring a plate of something to have with a nice coffee perhaps? I can do a pretty good baked cheesecake!

Brett.

Comment

Originally posted by 406F6578010 link=1262690795/3#3 date=1262693691
                    When we finish it in the coming months we will have one heck of a "snobbery too" warming and all the CSrs will be invited around for a cuppa and a biscuit (or similar).
                    Arrrr So thats the place I CoffeeSnobed (10,000 comp) on Google Maps and then retracted  

Now we know who teh mother is but where did you get the time to be a DAD  :-?   Ya family need ya too you know....

PS.  How about a CS competition where one lucky snob from each state; gets to be there for the opening    Along with a special edition of BeanScene, with an expanded CoffeeSnobs section  8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Comment

Thanks all!

Its been a fun trip thats for sure. The hours have been insane and weather varied from winter icy to dripping hot but thats what you do when you cannot afford to pay for someone else to do it... you just enlist the kids and make em work for their supper.

It should be a pretty groovy place to "hang out" when we have finished... a CoffeeSnobbers paradise full of gizmos, toys and of course plenty of beans.

I like the idea of "bring a plate"... will do that for sure if only to see how creative you lot can be.

Originally posted by 6B444D4F58674B444B4D4F474F445E2A0 link=1262690795/9#9 date=1262697887
                      PS.How about a CS competition where one lucky snob from each state; gets to be there for the opening
                      Wow, thats a very generous offer Anger Management. Thats going to cost you a bomb to ship CSrs in from every state. Are you flying them all business class and providing accomodation too?

;D

Comment

Originally posted by 4F606A770E0 link=1262690795/10#10 date=1262699374
                        Wow, thats a very generous offer Anger Management.Thats going to cost you a bomb to ship CSrs in from every state.Are you flying them all business class and providing accomodation too?
                        Accom shouldnt be a problem. Plenty of room on that floor for sleeping bags! Now to recruit Virgin as a site sponsor...

Comment

Originally posted by 446B617C050 link=1262690795/10#10 date=1262699374
                          you just enlist the kids and make em work for their supper.
                          Slave labour...............I love it

Congrats Andy, hard work will pay off Im sure.

Love your work and passion

Comment

Its looking fantastic Andy!

Congrats on a job well (done) on the way to completion...

The roaster looks incredible and I already have a massive case of roaster envy. Upgraditis, upgraditis, upgraditis...

NO! *blocks ears, shuts eyes tightly*

Comment

Its coming together great Andy! Cant wait to see it in person!

Comment

Working...
                              X