Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Home Roasting Demo - Australian Coffee Festival - Cafe Biz 2010

Hey all,
    Cafe Biz is on next month and again we have the opportunity to do a home roasting demo during the Australian Coffee Festival event on the Sunday.  Fellow CoffeeSnobs site sponsors ECA , Di Bella and Cafetto will be there along with a pile of other food, coffee and industry stands.

Instead of the Snob Van and a marquee, this year we will be on centre stage for an hour!

I’m happy to shout the beans, I need some interested CS’rs to jump up on stage with me and "bang-out" some roasts on their roasting gear while I "bang-on" about coffee roasting, the process and the try to explain what the audience is seeing, smelling and hearing.

Date: Sunday 2nd May
    Time: (to be confirmed, mid afternoon at a guess) 1pm confirmed
    Need: You and your roasting gear

So who’s up for a fun day?
    8-)

Re: Live Home Roasting Demo - Australian Coffee Festival - Cafe Biz 2010

Hi Andy,
    Count me in with my breabmaking chaff collecting hybrid if you want it.
    Roger 0439 759 226

Comment

For sure! How could anyone say no to that wonderful contraption.

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh too!

Comment

Im happy to bring the KKTO.

Would we be entitled to free entry and parking?

Comment

In like... (ok twas a bad joke)

Yes, the KKTO would be great too, if we can get one of everything then the audience would get a real idea of just how many different devices can roast coffee.

Originally posted by 23293C2B2B243036450 link=1270133043/3#3 date=1270269436
          Would we be entitled to free entry and parking?  
          Yes, you will get free entry and parking as CoffeeSnobs "staff".  Ill have entry tickets closer to the date and will prob just hand them out to you guys on the day.  The same ticket will get you in on the Monday too if you want to come back and see the competitions (Latte Art etc).

Comment

Aarrgh - damn moving to Queensland, I would have been there in a flash with my Gene!!!

Have a great time, Andy - egads, 12 months since I met you and Scoots for first time!!!

Cheers
            Di

Comment

Thats ok, Di...I have no plans to go to Sydney myself this year...Andys on his own there... ;D

Wow...12 months nearly already!

Speaking of time, this month marks my 5th year as a pro barista! (and still not knowing all!)

Comment

Hey mate,

In the States at present but when we get back Ill check my work roster...

I can do Behmor or even a popper if you wish?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 406771637B080 link=1270133043/5#5 date=1270291730
                  egads, 12 months since I met you and Scoots
                  That went quick but I feel like Ive known you for years.
                  ;-)

Originally posted by 7B6B67677C69576F6964080 link=1270133043/6#6 date=1270472089
                  marks my 5th year as a pro barista!
                  Happy 5th behind the machine Scoota Gal.

Originally posted by 6B637B716C080 link=1270133043/7#7 date=1270516282
                  I can do Behmor or even a popper if you wish?
                  Great if you can. Behmor would be good, I might take a popper for a someone from the audience to roast on... just to prove how easy it is.

Should be fun!

Comment

The demo is this coming Sunday

Anyone else want to come and play?
                    (free entry and you can keep what you roast)

Comment

Hi Andy,
                      I could do a simple roast or two in my Gene Cafe. No fancy coolers or USB temp data loggers. The simplicity might appeal to some (it works for me!).
                      Andrew.

Comment

Perfect Andrew, the more the better and I agree that the simplicity will appeal to many.

I just want it to be an hour of fun and a showcase of just how great home roasting can be. I dont even know how many people will be watching but with enough roasters maybe we can test the smoke alarms to attract more of an audience. ;-)

I think the hour-long demo is on at 12 noon but Ill check this week to make sure.

Comment

We need a hottop roaster to show their craft too....

Comment

"Why do they always have these things on Sundays, and in Melbourne...?"

Comment

Coz its in Sydney :P

Comment

Working...
                              X