• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE) 2012

Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE) 2012
    http://www.internationalcoffeeexpo.com/

Something big is brewing in 2012…..

Promising to be a premier experience like no other the 2012 Melbourne International Coffee Expo (M.I.C.E) will debut at the Melbourne Showgrounds on May 4th - 6th 2012. Taking over 8000sqm with 100 industry exhibitors, it will be the largest dedicated coffee trade show ever to be staged in Australia.

The AustralAsian Specialty Coffee Association (AASCA) will host the Australian Coffee Championships during the show. Competitions will include the Australian Latte Art, Cup Tasting, Ibrick, Barista and Coffee in Good Spirits Championship. The live heats of these competitions will take place on the first 2 days, with the e exciting finals being held on the 3rd and final day.

The Huhtamaki Brew Bar will give visitors the opportunity to sample alternative brewing methods from a variety of coffee roasters. Cold drip, siphon and pour over coffee will all be available to taste and learn more about these interesting brews.

Watch on-stand coffee roasting throughout the event, or book in for one of the AASCA training seminars – www.aasca.com for more details.

Be engaged by all spectrums of the coffee industry, including; green bean traders, wholesale roasters, commercial and domestic equipment, cafés and franchises, coffee equipment, accessories and education and training.

Every one is invited to the coffee event of the year! Friday 4th and Saturday 5th will be our trade days, and Sunday 6th May will be open to trade and the general public.

Friday 4th – Sunday 6th May 2012
    Open daily 10am – 6pm

Book a hotel via the Lido Group who have negotiated some discounted rates at local hotels http://leads.lido.com.au/misc/default.aspx?cid=nc50am6c9999

For more event information visit www.internationalcoffeeexpo.com

Re: Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE) 2012

Im really looking forward to this huge event.

Its going to be a super busy 3 days full of coffee industry displays and all the categories of the AASCA National competition all under one roof.

For a limited time the trade can register for free entry
    http://www.infosalons.com.au/coffee12m/register.asp

CSrs that are heading from overseas and from interstate should think about grabbing a room soon as I expect plenty of places to sell out.

Im counting down the days!
    8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 0C2329344D0 link=1328015754/1#1 date=1328019696
      CSrs that are heading from overseas and from interstate should think about grabbing a room soon as I expect plenty of places to sell out.
      Been there, done that Andy.
      Flights and accommodation organised.
      Like you, Im really looking forward to it and maybe meet a fellow CSer or two as well.

Comment

So the show is open to the general public on Sunday 6th May. Is it worth a look as a member of the public :-/

Comment

Originally posted by 6A4F4E5459200 link=1328015754/3#3 date=1328095964
          Is it worth a look as a member of the public
          For sure!  The 4th, 5th and 6th will be worthwhile.
          There should be AACSA National championship heats and competitions on every day so you will get a chance to see the best of the best perform on stage (schedule not yet released) and the trade stands will be full of interesting coffee gear including a pile of CS site sponsors.

CoffeeSnobs will setup a home roasting corner there and bang out a pile of roasts during the 3 days too so people can get some hands-on time.

...so there will be plenty to see and do on all 3 days.

Comment

Looking forward to it if Im not working.

Comment

I am just wondering, how does a member of the general public attend on any of the 3 days? Do I fill out a trade registration form?

Tim

Comment

Just booked airfares and hotel for M.I.C.E., it should be an event to remember

Comment

Greenman, you are just rubbing salf in the wound!!!! You must have convinced your understanding wife then?????

Comment

Originally posted by 667364646F6C606F010 link=1328015754/7#7 date=1330847045
                    Just booked airfares and hotel for M.I.C.E., it should be an event to remember
                    Looking forward to catching up again Trevor.  I just booked too.

Comment

Originally posted by 6648684A595F4A452B0 link=1328015754/8#8 date=1330847961
                      Greenman, you are just rubbing salf in the wound!!!!  You must have convinced your understanding wife then?????
                      "Shes a wonderful lady!!" its going to be a father-son bonding get-away coffee/football/coffee/coffee/football/coffee/coffee/coffee/football/food/did I mention coffee??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Cannot wait for this event, will definitely be there!

Im also confused about the day schedules, so what occurs on the 4th and 5th? It says trade visitors only, so general public is only for the 6th?

Comment

I dont know the details but as a professional barista in the coffee industry you are certainly "trade" and can register on their site for access on all days.

...same goes for those considering entering the "coffee business" I expect.

Comment

Ah fantastic, will look into it. Thanks Andy

Comment

Got a few of us coming from Tobys Should be a fun few days!

Comment

Working...
                              X