CoffeeSnobs in Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoffeeSnobs in Afghanistan

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to Andy for looking after a couple of us while in Afghanistan.  Armed with hand grinders, AeroPresses and freshly roasted BeanBay beans, were getting getting by OK!!!  Thanks Andy, for putting up with the customs declarations and stuff around to keep us stocked up on freshly roasted beans.  Theyve been great for morale!  Much appreciated!

Re: CoffeeSnobs in Afghanistan

That is absolute GOLD and Andy you should be proud. Well done boys, enjoy the coffee and stay safe.

Jonty

Comment

Andy, are we able to "gift" a bag of beans for these legendary blokes?

Comment

Originally posted by 476B7955696B6C6F0A0 link=1336247274/0#0 date=1336247274
        I just wanted to say a huge thanks to Andy for looking after a couple of us while in Afghanistan.
        Three bags? Once your colleagues get wind of your setup youll be on permanent Aeropress duties and need 3kg of beans.

Well done guys, glad that life in Afghanistan has been made more comfortable and well done Andy for making it possible.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Keep safe and enjoy the coffee, Im waiting to see if Andy can keep me supplied too, in a different part of the Sandpit.

Tiddler2

Your friendly eyes in the sky

Comment

great to see the coffeesnobs spirit reaching so far popping up in the most unusual places

Comment

Thanks all. Yeah, we get given a fair bit of stick when people see us grinding etc, but most of the folks I make a brew for end up stopping by two weeks later to say my AeroPress just arrived!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1530312B265F0 link=1336247274/1#1 date=1336256966
                That is absolute GOLD
                It certainly is.

You can be in a miserable, hostile part of the planet but still make the effort to improve your coffee.

Well done fellas!

Originally posted by 3936293A383E333330315F0 link=1336247274/2#2 date=1336259127
                Andy, are we able to "gift" a bag of beans for these legendary blokes?
                Of course!  Just order as normal, select Morgan St as the postage address (free), drop me an email and Ill send it on.

Originally posted by 2B363B3B333A2D6D5F0 link=1336247274/4#4 date=1336284692
                waiting to see if Andy can keep me supplied too, in a different part of the Sandpit.
                Sure can.  Replied via email.

Originally posted by 123E2C003C3E393A5F0 link=1336247274/6#6 date=1336674538
                we get given a fair bit of stick when people see us grinding etc
                ...and then they smell the aroma!

This thread really put a smile on my face.
                8-)

Comment

Andy - whats the preferred send size of the bags?

Im going in before Sunday to order some of my favourite (Fiefy Latte Blend, of course!) so thought Id tack on a bag each for Tiddler2 and Mas Cafe. Any preference, you fellas (provided you read this in time - if not, Ill leave it Andy to let me know...)

Enjoy the coffee guys, and stay safe - we are thinking of you!

Cheers
                  Di
                  (Blue Orchid Wiffee)

Comment

Originally posted by 4A6D7B6971020 link=1336247274/8#8 date=1336730395
                    Any size is fine as Ill sort packaging to suit their freight limitations when I roast.

Ill also match 1:1 anything that gets donated.

Comment

Originally posted by 426D677A030 link=1336247274/9#9 date=1336732624
                      Originally posted by 4A6D7B6971020 link=1336247274/8#8 date=1336730395
                      Any size is fine as Ill sort packaging to suit their freight limitations when I roast.

Ill also match 1:1 anything that gets donated.
                      Order placed. Email sent.

Comment

Me too.

Stay safe over there guys and thanks for all that you do.

Thanks also Andy for making this happen. Geez its good to be a CSer.

Comment

Wow! Folks, I am truly humbled by you generosity! Thank you on behalf of all who will enjoy the brew!

Andy - as per our recent correspondance on shipping addresses, I wont be here much longer, so please address anything to be shared around amongst CSers in Uruzgan to Jeff.

Thanks again folks - Im humbly embarrassed, but very appreciative of the sentiment and Im sure the rest of the AeroPress gang here will be too!

Comment

8-)

Comment

Thank you very much to all for the support above. Like Ben has said, it is greatly appreciated.

I will personally make sure that all donations sent over will be shared amongst the team here.

Thanks again for your support.

Comment

Working...
                              X