Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beanology 2013 - CafeBiz 2013 - Sydney - 10th and 11th March.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beanology 2013 - CafeBiz 2013 - Sydney - 10th and 11th March.

Wow, it’s that time of year when Australia’s café industry gets together for the biggest café specific trade show in the country, CafeBiz!

Once again CoffeeSnobs Beanology will be a ticketed event within the CafeBiz show and will give attendees a chance see industry presentations and get involved with hands-on sessions that have proven to be both educational and a whole lot of fun each year.

The Beanology sessions are duplicated on the two days of the event (Sunday and Monday) so you will only need to sit in on one of the days sessions and you can spend the other day on the trade floor seeing exhibitors and the coffee competitions.

CoffeeSnobs Beanology 2013

SUNDAY 10th MARCH – 10am-3pm
    MONDAY 11th MARCH - 10am-3pm
    Australian Technology Park
    Locomotive Street
    Eveleigh NSW 2015

Tickets are limited for each day as we prefer to keep the group small enough to provide a one to one style of interactive experience.

Beanology 2013 tickets are for sale in CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay

(Tickets will not be available at the event)

Beanology Blend - from bean to brew

This year's Beanology will start with the humble green coffee bean and analyse the processing, grading and sorting. From screen sizing to moisture content and defects the 5 different coffees will be inspected before roasting them using different profile curves. Each profile will then be tasted and broken down into positive attributes that they could add to a blend. The end result will be the Beanology 2013 blend which will be brewed using different methods to compare the outcomes.

LOTS OF PRIZES TOO

Craig Hiron from Otto fame is going to giveaway an Otto to one lucky Beanology Attendee
    www.ottoespresso.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	otto-hero.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	754257

Greg Pullman from Pullman Espresso Accessories is going to offer a tamp to one lucky attendee on each day

www.coffeetamper.com.au

Click image for larger version

Name:	barista-nexus-collage.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	754258

Hi everyone, I am just junior member, but so excited about attending Coffeesnobs Beanology 2013 in Sydney. It will be an eye opening for me . Hope to see fellow CoffeeSnobs! Cheers.

Comment

Can't make it to Beanology this year but I highly recomment CS'ers go and experience this great event, the seminars and mixing with fellow coffee enthusiasts and also checking out the Cafe Biz displays and competitions makes for a brilliant and highly caffeinated one or two days

Comment

Pity you can't make the cross country trip this year Greenman, I'm pretty sure you were the "furthest travelled" last year!

I just edited the first post...

Craig from Otto has offered another Otto to one lucky Beaonology attendee and Greg Pullman has offered 2 of his beautiful tamps, one as a door prize for each Beanology day.

Craig and Greg will both be at Cafebiz 2013 so you will be able to thank them in person if you win!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you on the Monday Andy. Hoping you can squeeze the Brazen in the Snobmobile for a peek.

Comment

Good call Dennis, I was talking about that today and the answer is YES, the Brazen will be making the road trip in Snobmobile.
            (and I expect it will on coffee duty in my hotel room each morning which drive the whole hotel floor crazy)

Comment

Andy - I'm assuming the topics will be different to last years?

Speaking of which, I need to dig up my notes from last years topics... one of the things I remembered from your talk last year was that a bean can have the same shade of brown, but at the end of the day, it's the roast profile that plays the biggest part in taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                (and I expect it will on coffee duty in my hotel room each morning which drive the whole hotel floor crazy)
                Hmmm, can you advise us as to what your room number will be Andy ???

Not sure at this stage if Suze and I can be there. ( even with the chance of winning an Otto!)

Cheers,
                Kevo.

Comment

I'm assuming the topics will be different to last years?
                  For sure, and not just different topics but a whole new format!
                  We had requests for more of the hands-on so we have made the whole day a fun journey from green bean to the cup.

Beanology Blend - from bean to brew

This year's Beanology will start with the humble green coffee bean and analyse the processing, grading and sorting. From screen sizing to moisture content and defects the 5 different coffees will be inspected before roasting them using different profile curves. Each profile will then be tasted and broken down into positive attributes that they could add to a blend. The end result will be the Beanology 2013 blend which will be brewed using different methods to compare the outcomes.

can you advise us as to what your room number will be Andy ???
                  Ha! I won't know till I check in. The good news though is that the Brazen will travel with us to Cafe Biz each day so people can have a play there and won't have to cram into my hotel room.

Not sure at this stage if Suze and I can be there. ( even with the chance of winning an Otto!)
                  Hope things shuffle around and you can get there... and it's not just an Otto, there is a famous. pretty, admired and desired Pullman tamp to be drawn each day too.

I expect Beanology will be a blast and I'm excited to see what a room full of CoffeeSnobs can create in a day.

Roll-on March... ROADTRIP!

Comment

Okay, it's the Pullman tamp that got me!! (A chance to "play" with the Brazen also?)
                    Tickets just purchased and payed for, so here we come!

It seems Sue has been displaying her impressive skills on the Expobar Minore whilst I was in India for 6 weeks and has indicated a personal fitted tamper would be very nice.

Winning one or purchasing one? Either way she will be returning home with a Pullman.

Looking forward to Sunday's offerings and meeting some fellow Snobbers.

Cheers,
                    Kevo
                    Last edited by Kevo; 22 February 2013, 12:00 PM. Reason: left out info

Comment

I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone too.

I think the new format will be a really fun way to explore, play and share knowledge.
                      We will know a week from now!

Comment

Hi Andy could you please confirm for us that beanology will start at 10am? Cafe biz have a start time of midday on fb.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
                          Hi Andy could you please confirm for us that beanology will start at 10am? Cafe biz have a start time of midday on fb.
                          Hi Dennis, I can confirm that Beanology will start at 10 am on Sunday morning.
                          I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.
                          See you soon.

Comment

The Snob Van is all packed and ready (Craig and I finished filling it about 11pm) and we are heading off in the morning on a ROAD TRIP!

If we find any interesting coffee (more interesting than the travelling Bodums we are taking) on the 1000km+ trip we'll post it up .

...and will see everyone either at Beanology or in the CafeBiz trade show area.

;-)

Comment

WooHoo! Roadtrip!!!

Java "Enjoy!" phile
                              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X