30,000 Registered Members!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30,000 Registered Members!

Another big milestone passed. At 12:44 PM UTC May 23rd (Subject to further verification by Andy via system logs.) ajd became the 30,000th registered member of Coffee Snobs. Congrats to ajd for being the 30,000th registered member and to all our other members who make CS the great place it is!

Java "WooHoo!!!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

And for anyone who can't know what UTC is...

It was around 11pm Australian EST.

Comment

Such a big number... so many snobs, it's awesome!

I'm sure we are all improving the average coffee everywhere. One day we will all be able to go somewhere and get a better cuppa.

Comment

Of the 30,000 Snobbers how many would you say have been active in the last year? Is 30,000 the active membership ? If so that's mighty impressive indeed.

Comment

Boy oh boy...

I remember how excited we all were as we were coming up to our first 1,000th member... How time has flown and how much fun along the way...

Mal.

Comment

Can Andy supply a graph of the membership numbers over the years?

Comment

Originally posted by Trane View Post
              Of the 30,000 Snobbers how many would you say have been active in the last year? Is 30,000 the active membership ? If so that's mighty impressive indeed.
              Impressive it is!
              Most are still active, a few blow in and out as needed and there are 1000's of others that are a little shy and lurk in the shadows for a while before creating an account.

At any time day or night it's fairly common to see 1200-1500 people on the site (you can see that on the bottom of the front page). There was a time in our early history that 100 people on the site at once would make the webserver groan.

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
              Boy oh boy...

I remember how excited we all were as we were coming up to our first 1,000th member... How time has flown and how much fun along the way...

Mal.
              It's been a fun journey Mal and I'm happy to say is one that continues.

I have always loved the vibe of the site. Learning and sharing and seeing those who at some point had no idea what they were doing then later sharing their found knowledge with someone who is just starting their journey of discovery. That's always really nice to see and all us long-timer members get a warm-fuzzy feeling, like proud parents.

Comment

Great achievement Andy, you obviously had a "cunning plan" from day one and stuck with it.

Well done, if we were allowed to post a Mexican wave I'd do it, a few laughs will have to do.

Comment

Fantastic job Andy and all the site sponsors. Although some don't post all that much, it's great resource to ask and help others along their way

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    There was a time in our early history that 100 people on the site at once would make the webserver groan.
                    Ha! There are those who can remember when CS only had 100 members total! Not that any names will be mentioned or anything....!

Java "Let's do the time warp againnnnn!" phile
                    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Within 3 years time I'll probably be going "I remember when we only had 30,000 members!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod View Post
                        Can Andy supply a graph of the membership numbers over the years?
                        Hiya TG...

Java used to monitor membership growth via a projection chart years ago but I don't know if he still keeps up with that...

Mal.

Comment

Congrats Andy

A worthy achievement.

I'm sure we are all improving the average coffee everywhere. One day we will all be able to go somewhere and get a better cuppa.
                          On that one, I live in hope. To the extent that I see it is happening, I am sure CS has played a large part in the progress.

TampIt

Comment

I have always loved the vibe of the site. Learning and sharing and seeing those who at some point had no idea what they were doing then later sharing their found knowledge with someone who is just starting their journey of discovery. That's always really nice to see and all us long-timer members get a warm-fuzzy feeling, like proud parents.
                            Well done Dad

Thanks for making this a nice place to be around.

Cheers.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how a Coffee Snob upgrades from 'junior member' to 'member'? Can't find it among the FAQs. Many thanks ...

Comment

Working...
                              X