Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Bean 2018 - Overall winner - CoffeeSnobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Bean 2018 - Overall winner - CoffeeSnobs.

Ummm... errr...
    I have something to share...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Golden_Bean_Overall_Winner_2018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	762159

CoffeeSnobs just become the overall winner of the Golden Bean competition 2018

1500 odd entries and the total scores from our Espresso, Latte and Filter were high enough to nail the big one.

Stunned, shocked, excited and very, very proud to have a room full of peers judge our humble offerings as the best in the country for the second time (surely the second time can't be a fluke!).

Organic @ Origin
    Barista Blend
    Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi Naturals
    Costa Rica Miel SHB

All the above beans are what we entered and are available in BeanBay as roasted or green or both.

Really need to have a shower now and wash off the face paint and wax from the fancy dress presentation party and get at least a little sleep before the sun comes up and I head home.

It was a surreal punchline to a great night out, I truly didn't expect that our simple offerings roasted with lots of love could stand-up against "fat pockets" and some seriously exotic beans.

Thanks to the judges that loved what we do as much as we love what we do!

Congratulations Andy
    Awesome work

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Ummm... errr...
      I have something to share...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20604[/ATTACH]

CoffeeSnobs just become the overall winner of the Golden Bean competition 2018

1500 odd entries and the total scores from our Espresso, Latte and Filter were high enough to nail the big one.

Stunned, shocked, excited and very, very proud to have a room full of peers judge our humble offerings as the best in the country for the second time (surely the second time can't be a fluke!).

Organic @ Origin
      Barista Blend
      Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi Naturals
      Costa Rica Miel SHB

All the above beans are what we entered and are available in BeanBay as roasted or green or both.

Really need to have a shower now and wash off the face paint and wax from the fancy dress presentation party and get at least a little sleep before the sun comes up and I head home.

It was a surreal punchline to a great night out, I truly didn't expect that our simple offerings roasted with lots of love could stand-up against "fat pockets" and some seriously exotic beans.

Thanks to the judges that loved what we do as much as we love what we do!
      Unreal! Congrats, Andy! I’m getting more Ardi - That’s one of my favourite coffees ever.

Comment

Fantastic news Andy! And well deserved!

James

Comment

Wow Andy fantastic achievment - again! Congratulations !!!
          Rod

Comment

Far out, Brussels sprout!!

That's amazing. Well done Andy, you and the crew must be stoked!

Please!! Can you make this blend available as roasted coffee on the website? Would love to try it

Great comment about the (relative) humbleness of the beans BTW ��

Comment

Congratulations Andy, amazing result - especially as you say against deep pockets with beans they don't use commercially.

Comment

Well deserved reward and recognition for all the hard work and commitment to the craft. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations Andy, that is a wonderful achievement! Seeing within these forums the passion and pride you have for all things coffee, it only makes logical sense that this translates through your roasting.

Comment

Further everyone’s else’s comments.

Well done Andy and the team. The passion you have and your desire to help and promote roasting is second to none.

Congratulations again

Comment

Huge congratulations Andy, your passion and dedication has inspired so many of us to keep seeking improvement in our roasting and coffee journeys.
                      cheers
                      Trevor

Comment

Big Congrats to Andy and the CS team, great result that reflects the love you have for coffee and the coffee community! It's great to see people winning with beans that are available to anyone who wants to have a go!

Comment

Wonderful stuff Andy and Family...

Just terrific mate.

Mal.

Comment

Great work, Andy.

I've loved your coffee's for many years now. It's great that you're getting the affirmation you deserve. It's always good seeing the small guy taking on the big guys and winning!

Comment

Congratulations.

In which categories were each of the listed beans entered please?

Comment

Working...
                              X