Guess what customs just cleared???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy View Post
    No other updates as it doesn't get unloaded and scanned until it gets to the other side of the country... which is a really long way away

Currently shows:

Onboard Your parcel is ready for delivery.
    Perth 01/02/2019 06:19:41

Be still my trembling heart, ye gods nectar is mere moments away. :-) Thanks Andy.

Comment

All the BTCOD efforts to get these special little beans from their origin to my palate deserves a lot more recognition than the homage I give here: Thanks again Andy... and everybody else in "the chain".Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	749525Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	749526Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	749527Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	749528Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	749529

Comment

Originally posted by Jaygale
        Can’t wait to try
        Which one did you order Jaygale?
        What are you using to roast it?

Ps got any old equipment you would like to sell?

Comment

Been brewing since 2 days after roast. Now @1 week I can say these beans are great from the get go. Interesting to observe the subtle changes/maturing of flavors and evolution in grind setting for these amazing, little beans!
          Great stuff thanks Andy

Comment

Thanks again Andy... and everybody else in "the chain"
            Great looking roast too, these will develop more and more flavour over the coming week and should produce one of the best espressos you have had. Amazing body and depth that's just not found in anything else.

Comment

awwww thanks. 26C ambient, preheated and loaded at 40, very first crack at 200 and 10mins, rolling 204 to 207, initial second at 218, no second rolling, dumped at 218.5 and 16.5mins. Tasted within an hour, if there is such a thing as a sultana marshmallow muffin sponge cake then that's what I got. Going to really enjoy the next 3 weeks :-).

Comment

Got mine delivered and plan on roasting this weekend. Any guidance Andy on the roast?

Comment

sultana marshmallow muffin sponge cake

Nice, descriptor.

Originally posted by skidquinn View Post
                  Got mine delivered and plan on roasting this weekend. Any guidance Andy on the roast?
                  Roast them well!
                  My tips on my roaster are no good for you, you are better off leaning here from people with similar roasting equipment... and your own taste buds. That's the real reason to home roast, you get what YOU like, not the middle ground that I need to roast to suit everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatEverBeansNecessary View Post
                    I wondered the same thing. Did a google and the answer is yes it certainly does. About the same as black tea.
                    FWIW Qishr gives me a bigger caffeine hit than I get from black tea.

Caveat: the tea I drink is single garden Darjeeling brewed at 90 degrees for a few minutes, it's a low caffeine cuppa. I am quite sensitive to caffeine, to the extent that I cannot drink more than two cups of coffee in the morning and none at all in the afternoon / evening. Qishr fits nicely in the middle: I can drink it in the aftenoon but not at night.

If you haven't tried this stuff do yourself a favour and give it a go. I'm slowly falling in love. So far my favourite method is to heat the water to 80 oC, add the Qishr and maintain a very gentle simmer until the Qishr rises like gnocchi. Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrebird View Post
                      FWIW Qishr gives me a bigger caffeine hit than I get from black tea.

Caveat: the tea I drink is single garden Darjeeling brewed at 90 degrees for a few minutes, it's a low caffeine cuppa. I am quite sensitive to caffeine, to the extent that I cannot drink more than two cups of coffee in the morning and none at all in the afternoon / evening. Qishr fits nicely in the middle: I can drink it in the aftenoon but not at night.

If you haven't tried this stuff do yourself a favour and give it a go. I'm slowly falling in love. So far my favourite method is to heat the water to 80 oC, add the Qishr and maintain a very gentle simmer until the Qishr rises like gnocchi. Yum.
                      I heard a couple of times about this drink. Could you write a recipe for a drink to cook?

Comment

Andy when do you expect the next arrival? I looked at green bay and yemen ismaili was sold out. Amazing.Cheers.

Comment

Wouldn't be holding my breath right now RaF2.

Comment

Working...
                          X