No announcement yet.

CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay access problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Paula (as Andy is still away and unable to be contacted).
    I am aware of the Beanbay problem and we are working on it.
    Hopefully all will be back up and running soon. I will post again when I have an update.
    Thanks for your patience, Cheers Paula

Comment

Hi everyone, Fady and myself are working through this issue for Paula while andy is away. Beanbay hasn't been hacked and as a workaround, you can just click though the warnings and you'll get you into beanbay. While it's good to be cautious when seeing this message, your personal details are still safe, they are actually kept on the forum server anyway...

Once I've finished my day job, i'll be onsite to update the expired certificate.

Cheers
      Dave.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Dave Here Again.. We've put this in the too hard basket to solve for tonight. It will get resolved some time over the weekend. As mentioned before, your information is safe, and we haven't been hacked. All is good, just a certificate expiry, so clicking through the warnings is ok..

Cheers
        Dave.

p.s. Just been drinking Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi Naturals.. Very Nice drop...

Comment

Hi

It seems simple. CoffeeSnobs have not renewed their Lets Encrypt cert. It has expired as flynnaus pointed out. It's a simple fix that they will need to do. I also use lets Encrypt for a dozen sites. It's excellent.

Mike

Comment

The "real" Andy here this time.

It's all fixed now!

---
            Re: "avoid any risks in case Beanbay was hacked"

BeanBay wasn't hacked and BeanBay has never held anything interesting ever.
            We don't ask for your banking details, nor your credit card number. From day one that was a decision that it was always best to have banking and PayPal handle the security of dangerous data, we have only ever had about as much information as you would find in the public phone book (shipping address, name, email address) and I guarantee a whole lot less than you gave to Facebook or linkedin.

Re: "CoffeeSnobs have not renewed their Lets Encrypt cert"

Yes, the auto renew didn't work and of course it happened on the only week in the year that I'm totally isolated off-line (zero phone, zero internet).

Thanks heaps to Dave and Paula for donating a pile of time to try and troubleshoot the problem until I appeared on this planet again. We'll sort a better renew/cert before this one expires too!

All back to normal, BeanBay will show a valid certificate when you go to it now.

Sorry for the hassle everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              Re: "avoid any risks in case Beanbay was hacked"
              Sorry, I didn't mean to imply any fault with CS. Even though it was an expired security certificate, I offered general advice because I know security certificates can be hacked and thought it was better to wait for advice first.

Comment

All good but ambiguous posts can start a stampede and panic (just like the stupid browsers that scare users when they have nothing stored here).

My real point is even if everything we know about our customers was published it would be less than your current phone book entry. There is really no personal information kept here.

At worse if we were hacked, the hacker could order and pay for coffee and ship it to your house!

Comment

Hi

> Yes, the auto renew didn't work and of course it happened on the only week in the year that I'm totally isolated off-line (zero phone, zero internet).

That's fine. It happens :-) On the sites I run I renew them all manually every 3 months. I didn't want to have a script running as root automatically. I renew the certs (not as root) and then install them myself with my own script as root. I figure that the many 3rd party Lets Encrypt scripts that users use are a prime target themselves for being Trojaned.

Nice to see it all working again :-) So many great posts to read and even the odd funny one.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X