Google Reviews - Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Reviews - Please.

Yesterday a newbie member took offence to something someone said to him on the forum (not me) and his first reaction was "I'm going to post a 1 star Google review" and he did.

I've never really cared much about google reviews but I realised that with just one cranky-pants person (who often hands-out one star reviews) his review skews the true percentage more than it should.

His one star review was:
    "Bunch of keyboard warriors here. Asked purchasing advice here and a few follow-up questions, however the community here is hostile and toxic"

...and he's been back end edited it a few times changing the content. When I emailed him he said "was against the forum, not your business. I've never even shopped at your business." but oddly, there is no way of me telling google that his review was about an interaction with someone else.

Anyway, maybe we are just a one star business but with only 10 reviews we don't really know.

So here I am, asking if those that can spare a few minutes google "CoffeeSnobs" click on the "reviews" and add one.

I'm not canvassing for fake positive reviews, just more legitimate ones so the average is a more true indication of who we are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	reviews.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	763773

Originally posted by Andy View Post
    Yesterday a newbie member took offence to something someone said to him on the forum (not me) and his first reaction was "I'm going to post a 1 star Google review" and he did.
    Not dodgy ex sponsor with the "500+ 5 star reviews?"

Comment

Review done

Comment

No, you are a 4.5 star business (and rising). I think the great majority of punters will think a 4.5 star rating is more than good enough and likely regard the 1 star review as an anomaly.
        Be careful asking for reviews as, if you receive a lot of positive reviews in a short period, punters may see these as solicited reviews rather than genuine ones.

Comment

I noticed hes given many other businesses a 1 star review. Disappointing to say the least..

Chris

Comment

Who is the reviewer of the reviewers etc etc etc?

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
              I noticed hes given many other businesses a 1 star review. Disappointing to say the least..

Chris
              ...and the review of another business he submitted just after the Coffeesnobs one is interesting. I wonder if there's a connection.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
                ...and the review of another business he submitted just after the Coffeesnobs one is interesting. I wonder if there's a connection.
                Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck.......

Comment

I would leave a (genuine) positive review Andy, unfortunately need to have a Google account to do so, something I've never had and never will (yep I know, paranoid)

Obviously I can read reviews others have left, seems old mate, in this case Jack has more pseudonyms than I've had cups of coffee in the past 12 months.

Very poor form if your not prepared to post criticism under your own name, indicates you don't have the courage of your convictions and something to fear.

Cowards hide behind aliases, courageous people have no need to if they are in the right.

The reputation of your business and this forum is beyond dispute and is certainly robust enough to withstand the odd angry shot from a disgruntled has been.

Don't let the guy get to you, for what it's worth I reckon Jack and the Donald would get along famously.

Comment

First off I will put up my hand and admit to being the person who dropped the "A' bomb that caused said kerffufle referred to by Andy.
                    Therefore I would like to take this opportunity to Sincerely apologise to Andy and all the honest straightforward valued members who enjoy the CoffeeSnobs site. And the community that has over time built up around it.

It is and has been to my great benefit to have been a member for some time. And able to access true, accurate and trustworthy information here all as a result of other people freely giving their time, their knowledge and experience.... and only for the love of coffee!
                    Or is it more to some like me, maybe its a passion and a wonderful lifes challenge.

And yes we can and do all have our own opinions, and this may be the internet however its still a society. And as we know even after 200plus years the personal behaviours of honesty, openness, accountability and caring for others still do and in my opinion always will prevail in a respectful society. Which is what CoffeeSnobs is in my humble opinion.

Again I wish to apologise sincerely to Andy and all CS members for any offence and disruption my actions have caused.

And Yes I will be posting up my true review on CS. I cant explain why I haven't done it previously.
                    Maybe I need to spend some more time in the cooler!

Name:	images (1).jpeg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	751355
                    Pete

Comment

Not sure apologies are really necessary Pete, if Jack or Dodgy or whatever other name he chooses to use had not (once again) engaged in an act of deception he would not have drawn the scorn that was heaped upon him, if any are apologies are needed they should probably originate from the Scarlet Pimpernel.

It's unfortunate Andy has become the meat in the sandwich, I'm sure it goes without say that he has the overwhelming support of the over 50,000 Coffee Snobs members, that in its self speaks volumes.
                      Last edited by Yelta; 21st January 2020, 06:16 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

Comment

I can't find any 1-star review. Looks like it has been removed!

I will add a genuine review later, too busy now browsing the Beanbay trying to decide what to order next....:-D
                        Last edited by LauriG; 21st January 2020, 04:53 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamK View Post
                          Review done

Thanks!

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
                          Not dodgy ex sponsor with the "500+ 5 star reviews?"

No, it wasn't that person. T'was just a newbie that walked into something (not his fault) but dealt with it poorly (his fault).

Be careful asking for reviews as, if you receive a lot of positive reviews in a short period, punters may see these as solicited reviews rather than genuine ones.

Yeah sure, I don't think it matters too much though.

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
                          I noticed hes given many other businesses a 1 star review. Disappointing to say the least.

Hands them out like lollies but it seems that doesn't change the way google deal with complaints (flipped-off unless it's offensively worded).

Originally posted by noonar View Post
                          Who is the reviewer of the reviewers etc etc etc?.

Good point. It's a lot of power to give someone without knowing who they are or why they are complaining.

and the review of another business he submitted just after the Coffeesnobs one is interesting. I wonder if there's a connection.
                          Originally posted by hawk87 View Post
                          Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck.......

No connection, just a customer of the other mob.

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                          I would leave a (genuine) positive review Andy, unfortunately need to have a Google account to do so, something I've never had and never will (yep I know, paranoid)

All good, I understand and fought the evil google monster for a long time. Now I just shrug and tell them what I had for lunch.

Originally posted by EspressoAdventurer View Post
                          First off I will put up my hand and admit to being the person who dropped the "A' bomb that caused said kerffufle referred to by Andy

Nah, the newbie got eaten by a pack, no one person was to blame. He reported a post and I acted on it within minutes but he had already gone feral and started spatter-gunning hate in different threads. Which then earned him a ban.

We are more than capable of looking after the sandpit when it goes off the rails, luckily we rarely need to and the community does a great job of keeping things on-track.

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                          I'm sure it goes without say that he has the overwhelming support of the over 50,000 Coffee Snobs member, that in itself speaks volumes.

It's nice that most people can see the truth though the weeds.

Thanks for posting the reviews everyone, I feel better knowing that one sour-puss isn't the controlling voice for 10% of our reviews. It's now 5% and getting smaller!

I'm also happy that I didn't attract another dozen 1 star reviews

Comment

Name:	images (2).jpeg
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	751356

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            Nah, the newbie got eaten by a ..........
                            Which then earned him a ban.
                            I'll have to adopt the ' masked marauders' own modus operandi here.......
                            I'll ask the Dorothy Dixer question AND then answer it !

Gee Eaten and Banned ...all within 2 weeks! Is that a record?
                            Nah not even close !

Comment

Originally posted by LauriG View Post
                              I can't find any 1-star review. Looks like it has been removed!
                              Yep, seems to have been removed, simply wasn't his day was it?

Comment

Working...
                              X