Bank SA - Anyone having problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank SA - Anyone having problems?

Yesterday a CS'r tried to pay for his order to our new Westpac account and received the error:

“We can’t accept payments to this account as it is closed or invalid. Contact the payee to confirm account details. “

He was using the correct details of:

Name: CoffeeSnobs
    BSB: 033208
    Account: 445122

Anyone else with a Bank SA account having grief (or better still know the fix)?

Andy I am with St George, also a Westpac subsidiary. They use the same software - I can actually log into my accounts from SA Bank and have. Would you like me to deposit $1 in your account, you can credit my account later?

Of course, Nestle may have just hacked and closed your account

Comment

Hi Andy, Just logged into the SA Bank console and transferred $1. Went through - and was upgraded to an Osko payment, no problems at all. Absolutely no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 338 View Post
        Hi Andy, Just logged into the SA Bank console and transferred $1. Went through - and was upgraded to an Osko payment, no problems at all. Absolutely no issue.

Maybe try it just another million times.

Comment

(I agree with Barry'O keep doing that, everyone should.)

Very clever 338, I didn't think about using the cross login to prove it.

We received the Osko $1 (which is in BeanBay as a credit now)
          DEPOSIT-OSKO PAYMENT 2789236 xxxxx xxxxx TEST of SA Bank 338

Go figure, I sort of wish it didn't work then at least we had a pair of results.

I'll go back to the CS'r and see what's different at his end. Very weird.

Thanks for the sanity check!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            (I agree with Barry'O keep doing that, everyone should.)

Very clever 338, I didn't think about using the cross login to prove it.

We received the Osko $1 (which is in BeanBay as a credit now)
            DEPOSIT-OSKO PAYMENT 2789236 xxxxx xxxxx TEST of SA Bank 338

Go figure, I sort of wish it didn't work then at least we had a pair of results.

I'll go back to the CS'r and see what's different at his end. Very weird.

Thanks for the sanity check!
            I'm guessing there was no chance of an erroneous space character at the end or start of the account code entered?

Comment

Ask your client to try logging in through St George

No idea what the difference is. When St George website has problems I just log in through Bank of Melbourne or SA Bank, saves waiting for fixes and one of the three is usually working. I realised once when I went to BOM that the website was almost identical to St George, just different colours, logos, etc. So tried it and it worked. We get a dragon in NSW, SA just gave me a magpie and BOM is usually a penguin - someone has obviously told them it humanises the bank to include an animal or fictional character
              Last edited by 338; 3rd February 2020, 07:56 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

You have added and/or made payment to a new Payee in Internet or Mobile banking

Our records indicate that you have either created and/or made a payment to the following new payee account.

Payee Name : Coffeesnobs
                BSB : 033208
                Account Number : #####5122
                A notification message has also been sent to your message inbox within Internet Banking.

If this request was not authorised by you, please call Internet Banking Help desk on 1300 555 203, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
                Thank you for using Internet Banking.

Important Information:
                BankSA will NEVER send an email which includes a link that redirects you to logon to Internet Banking or asks you to verify your account details, PIN, passwords or personal information.
                Issued by � BankSA - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714

Just for the record, my advice is attached and the email came from - internetadmin@banksa.com.au - so definitely was viewed as a SA Bank transaction

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
                  I'm guessing there was no chance of an erroneous space character at the end or start of the account code entered?
                  I had the same thought, in fact my initial reply to him was "type it, don't cut 'n paste" as I've seen the additional hidden character picked-up on a cut 'n paste before.

Ask your client to try logging in through St George

No idea what the difference is. When St George website has problems I just log in through Bank of Melbourne or SA Bank, saves waiting for fixes and one of the three is usually working.
                  Such a weird left-field solution but I can see it working. I've pointed him at this thread and if I hear about a result I'll post it in here too..

Comment

Hi All,
                    I am the one who raised this with Andy. My wife attempted to transfer funds using her phone, and I tried separately on the home PC, and later on a work device. In all instances the account details were keyed in and double checked. All gave the same void message preventing the transfer, and saying that the account was closed or invalid.

But....I have just tried it now, and am able to progress through to the confirmation page. So it looks like Bank SA has fixed whatever was happening over the weekend.

Thanks very much to Andy and 338 for your efforts in helping out with this.

Comment

Working...
                    X