COVID19 Policy - CoffeeSnobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID19 Policy - CoffeeSnobs

Below is the sign that's at the front door of the Snobbery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sign-of-the-times-covid19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	764051

That's Paula's handywork and a good one at that. We can keep doing what we do, green orders and roasted orders are going out as normal and we can continue to do so as long as our dear customers don't feel the need to share something with us.

Our normal existence as an online business is pretty isolated anyway but we do get "blow-ins" who wander in looking for coffee or a machine or repairs or a cafe (thanks for that google) only to get turned away as we have never done counter sales, don't have eftpos or a till and it takes 5 times longer in chat than it does to freight something out of here.

We keep our efficiency high and prices low by not having to pay a sales "team" to meet and greet at the door or sell you stuff you didn't want.

We also live out in the country have acres between neighbours and travel to work 30km through the countryside by ourselves. We are mostly other-human-free and expect no interruption to normal coffeesnobs activities.

It's not a face mask...

Click image for larger version

Name:	coughy-filter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	753314

...it's a coughy filter!

Comment

Good one...

Mal.

Comment

We had someone buy 200 "coughy" filters yesterday, I'm hoping they were for a Brazen and not for personal protection.

Comment

�� I asked my bro a few weeks ago if he had masks, he said he was just going to use coffee filters. He works in a hospital ��

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            Below is the sign that's at the front door of the Snobbery.

We keep our efficiency high and prices low by not having to pay a sales "team" to meet and greet at the door or sell you stuff you didn't want.

We are mostly other-human-free and expect no interruption to normal coffeesnobs activities.

GREAT NEWS! With tourism DEAD in Cairns, no work, kids to feed and rent to pay, there is a ton of financial anxiety and uncertainty.

But that matters little when I hear the sweet buzz of beans being swallowed by my grinder. Ah, the simple pleasures of life. THANK YOU ANDY!

Comment

Question from another thread...

is there any impact to coffee supplies currently or do you foresee any?
              Foresee?
              -- Our health! Per the first post, we can keep doing this if we avoid germy humans (and we are).
              -- Transport will be the biggest impact. As more of the planet locks-down moving anything anywhere becomes a "wait and see" issue.
              -- Dollar. Most of the world uses US dollars as the base currency (coffee and international freight included) so prices are rising instantly with AUD vs USD movements.

We have plenty of coffee.

We always carry more than 6 months of stock at any given time (to buffer the growing seasons and keep consistency in our commercial blends) and we have more than 10 tonnes of different origins on the water and leaving farms at the moment. Even if future supplies are hard or slow to land they'll still get grown and packed at origin and will flow-through again when things return to some normality.

Comment

Any news on whether the Behmor stock delivery has been affected?

Comment

You've certainly been around long enough to know what kind of a response the 'Are we there yet?' question will get you.

From here which takes it from here they didn't get manufactured before the virus hit and shut down the supply chain which is only now showing signs of kicking back into gear.

Java "Ducks and Covers" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by danielb View Post
                    Any news on whether the Behmor stock delivery has been affected?
                    No need for me to answer that question (a gazillion different ways).

Per the listing in BeanBay, if you are on the notification list you'll be notified of what we know when we know it and as Javaphile said, it's pretty likely we'll update the Behmor thread too.

...and don't make me pull the car over.

Comment

Update:
                      22nd March - 10:30pm

The Victorian lockdown isn't a problem for CoffeeSnobs.

Coffee is an essential service, the virus is bad but the effects are pale against the argo in the community if people are stuck at home without great coffee!

Per the first post, for any local pickup (1pm-5pm Monday to Thursday) we won't come near you and would appreciate that you don't try to strike a conversation through the roller door. Apart from us being stupidly busy packing orders, we are minimising all contact with everyone. A wave after you grab your order is fine or better still, select delivery and you don't need to come here!

Couriers and Post are still running so we don't see any impact to normal coffee flows in the near future.

Comment

Update:
                        26th March 1:30pm

So many people sending an email to ask if we are shipping.

This is a self fulfilling prophecy as we cannot pack or ship anything while reading and typing the same reply over and over and over and over and... We always answer email but from today, I'm going to delete those without a reply.

YES - WE ARE SHIPPING

Per the above, we are shipping as normal.

Shipping is okay.

We will ship your order Monday-Thursday if the payment is in our account.

We NEVER DO COUNTER SALES, order and pay online.

'nuf now, I need to pack the orders for the good people that followed simple instructions.

Comment

Yep, I can assure you Andy and co are operating in their normal efficient manner, I placed an order Monday this week, by Tuesday it was on its way.

Comment

COVID19 Policy - CoffeeSnobs

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            Update:
                            26th March 1:30pm

So many people sending an email to ask if we are shipping.

'nuf now, I need to pack the orders for the good people that followed simple instructions.
                            Sounds like you need the email auto reply robots working for you.

Don’t worry though. People still wouldn’t read those service announcements [emoji92][emoji17][emoji92]
                            Last edited by matth3wh; 26th March 2020, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                              Yep, I can assure you Andy and co are operating in their normal efficient manner, I placed an order Monday this week, by Tuesday it was on its way.
                              Ditto from me. Beans ordered Monday morning 23 March, and notified as posted at 4:15 pm from Geelong, arrived in Hobart 12 noon on Tuesday 24 March.

Comment

Working...
                              X