No announcement yet.

Espresso Wow!  -- Good enough to steal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Espresso Wow!  -- Good enough to steal.

Just an add-on to Sparkys advice to the pond scums - be they CEOs or crack-fd junkies, think bean blend profile, roast results, & best price on market.

Luwak fetches top $ ... so ...

Whilst calibrating said thermometer to ensure optimal roast, ingest the green beans surrounding you (DONT chew, swallow whole, this is imperative) as you get a comfy spot in the drum, alternate with a laxative, then after prob an hour, turn the heat on. The end blend will be quite unique ...

Comment

Re: Espresso Wow!  -- Good enough to steal.

Hey Andy,

Just saw this now and really sorry to hear about it.

No matter who did it or what they took, this kind of thing totally sucks

Hopefully what goes around will come around and whoever did it will get whats coming to them.

Still, good to see you taking it in your stride and soldiering on!

Playing victim only lets the bad guys win more...

cheers mate!

Lachlan

Comment

Resurrecting a 12 year old thread...

Last night Paula was "surfing the web" and browsing items from a local auction house when she spotted the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3096.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	750216

Name:	DSCN3069.jpg
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	750217

Name:	DSCN3185.jpg
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	750218

Surely not right?

This morning she went in there and had a look and took a picture of the Giotto serial number.

Sure enough, when she got back to work we found this thread and matched the serial to the Giotto and the grinders match too. Next couple of hours she liaised with the local police and the auction house, they put the items aside (even though they had already sold) and the police spoke with the seller. Turns out that seller was cleaning out the shed and these "belonged" to his (deceased) step son.

Bizarre!

Paula might look at the auction website a few times a year even though it's on every fortnight and managed to not only pick the right day to look but noticed the gear and showed me.

The Senior Constable that followed it up and the auction house were both amazingly helpful considering our proof of ownership was a print-out of the first post in this thread and a theft report from 12 years ago. The seller also agreed with the police that returning them to CoffeeSnobs was the right thing to do.

So after a not very glamorous dozen years in a shed, the machine and grinders are "coming home" soon.

This might be the lowest usage, oldest Giotto on the planet... also one of the grubbiest!

I might have to check the chassis grounding before plugging it in though.

Comment

Best zombie thread resurrection ever.

Comment

So when are the "uniquely aged micro lot, 60kg limited run" going up on BB?

Comment

Deceased son.... Choked on his guilt we can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrebird View Post
                Best zombie thread resurrection ever.
                LOL!! Amazing the 8 year difference in timestamp from original thread to update

Comment

Eight years? Try 12 years.

Java "An even dozen" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I recognise that Giotto Andy. Closed the loop as they say...

It's ripe for a fully sick restopimping now. Open brief to The Coffee Machinist I say...

Comment

Amazing. Can they check the guys shed in case any of the other stuff is still there?

Comment

I thought they might but also expect anything easy to flip (like the tools) went straight away and the fact that there is no one to charge makes it less interesting for the law.

Besides, not sure I really want 10kg of Espresso Wow back, it's a great blend but might not improve with 12 years ageing.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                          I thought they might but also expect anything easy to flip (like the tools) went straight away and the fact that there is no one to charge makes it less interesting for the law.

Besides, not sure I really want 10kg of Espresso Wow back, it's a great blend but might not improve with 12 years ageing.
                          12 years of ageing, you might be pulling some amazing coffee liqueur.....

Comment

I have just "bought" 500g of that aged Expresso WOW by way of a Fair Crack donation at the current market rate (rounded up)

A nice way to revive the thread and do some good at the same time.

Feel like doing the same?

Comment

Working...
                            X