Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoffeeSnobs - Server chaos weekend (Happy Easter 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Javaphile View Post

Yes there is, it's called the Flag button. You'll find it right next to the Like button.

Java "A button for every use" phile
    Not on the CS we plebs have

Click image for larger version

Name:	noflag.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	838320

Comment

• Originally posted by flynnaus View Post

Not on the CS we plebs have

Click image for larger version  Name:	noflag.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.2 KB ID:	838320
      Well that's a problem!

What other forums are you not seeing the Flag button in?
      Post replies here: https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/new...328#post838328

Java "Flags it" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

• No Like button in thread (Forum?) discussion moved here from original location: https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/new...312#post838312

Java "Everything in its place" phile

Comment

• (moved discussion here from FairCrack)

It's a gotcha / bug to do with permissions and we can't change it (even after a fight with the software devs).
          If you don't have permission to create a new thread in a forum section, even though you are allowed to reply to an existing one, you loose the flag.

Tis what it is I'm afraid.

Comment

• Ah well that explains it then!

Java "*&^$ devs!" phile

Comment

• Ever since the upgrade: 1) few of any buttons work for me, including the “post reply” button and the “new topic” button. So I cannot start any new topics. I can only rely to existing threads, but not via the “post reply” button. I can only fill in the existing field at the bottom of any given page of a thread. And when I do that, I am taken to a page with a line of whatever code this forum template is running... though apparently the post does go through 2) Even when I do that, all formatting is lost. When I separate paragraphs or spaces between sentences, all are put together as if one giant run-on sentence, save for the fact that there is punctuation. But no spaces between sentences. 3) as with any other buttons, I cannot push the “reply with quote” either it is dead. I get this performance equally with Safari and Chrome on MacOS, and Safari mobile on iPhone. This post consists of five paragraphs separated by two carriage returns (at least one blank line between each) Regards, Peter

Comment

338 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Peter, it may be worthwhile taking a screenshot of when you get to the page with the code, there may be some useful fault-finding from it

• Certainly... I will respond here by filling in the quick response field. Then when I hit "post reply", it will take me to the page with the code. I will start by cutting and pasting that code... hope that helps...

Comment

• Here is the code: {"nodeId":840696}

Comment

• The code counts up, by the way. when I answered 338, it generated code 840696. When I pasted the generated code and hit "post reply" it generated code 840697. And when I send this I expect it will generate code 840698...

Comment

• And... it did... (here comes code 840699)

Comment

338 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am sure Andy will make something of this, with or without context

• This is not a complaint, simply a statement of fact.

I don't find this new forum setup anywhere near as user friendly as the original version, hence the dramatic slowdown in my posts, perhaps its because I'm using a desktop PC rather a phone.?

Its unfortunate as I really enjoyed my almost daily participation, I know and understand Andy has said there is no going back, perhaps it's an age thing, not sure, I don't experience similar with other forums I participate in.

Wonder if others have similar feelings, your thoughts on the subject would be of interest.?

Comment

• Barry O'Speedwagon
                      Barry O'Speedwagon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What is it about the new setup that you don't like so much? I'm also on a PC and don't find too much difference in convenience.....but I never played round with things like 'subscriptions' to threads on either interface.

• Originally posted by pcrussell50 View Post
                    Ever since the upgrade: 1) few of any buttons work for me, including the “post reply” button and the “new topic” button. So I cannot start any new topics. I can only rely to existing threads,
                    I suspect if the problem was more wide spread than just your account we would see plenty of posts like this with no formatting (and we don't).

So it's either your local machine (cookies, cache etc) or your account here.

I found an weird oddity in your account that had you as a newbie (even through you are not) and that might have fixed it. If it isn't fixed then try clearing cache and cookies in your browser.

Comment

• pcrussell50 Those numbers you've posted are the post ID's of the post(s) you just made.

Java "Numbers, numbers everywhere..." phile

Comment

• As I continue (trying) to participate, it looks like anything that requires the clicking on a "button" does not work. I can reply to exiting threads only by filling out the field at the bottom and hitting enter. But for example, I have 12 notifications on the notifications message at the top of the page, but none of the "dismiss" buttons work. Again, this goes for Safari and Chrome browsers on MacOS and Safari on iOS. I wonder if it has something to do with the setup of the device... If if is related to choosing location and keyboard as USA/North America configuration?

Comment

• Of course the "edit" button does not work for me. But I found out I can "quote" by manually typing in the quote tags with the right syntax for the board software. As an experiment, I wrapped the word "manually" in italics tags. Posting this to see if it worked. -Peter

Comment

Working...
                          X