Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoffeeSnobs - Server chaos weekend (Happy Easter 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't think I have missed any reference to this, so I'll throw it out there.
    When I click on a site sponsor link at the bottom of the Forum Home page under the heading "Please support our Site Sponsors", it just returns me to the home page again. Main browser is Chrome, but have also tried Edge and Firefox.
    Cheers
    Mal

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Weird. On mouse-over it shows the URL that "should" open up but it doesn't.
      Should be an easy fix...

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed now
      Was obvious when I looked at the code with fresh eyes. Couldn't see it for staring previously.

• Brewster
      Brewster commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, all good now.
      Cheers

• Andy it's a PDF

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      (moved to here)
      PHP has a default limit of 2mb but I've now made the upload size larger but a little wary of the data impact so it's not infinite.

Mal's solution of only uploading the English part of the manual is a great solution to the size limit too.

• Site was off-line for 30 minutes tonight while I installed some patches and bug fixes. Sorry if you noticed.

We are now on the latest version which won't have many/any noticeable changes but might have disappeared some bugs that we haven't found yet.
    (not including the Flag/report bug above...yet)

Comment

• How do you Edit a post after it has been submitted ? I cannot seem to find a way to do this, I am sure it is sitting right in front of me !

Comment

• Beanz.
        Beanz. commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course the minute I post I can see it so guessing there is a time out period

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, the site has always worked like that, else the threads become unreadable when someone changes the post after many have replied.

• Originally posted by Beanz. View Post
      How do you Edit a post after it has been submitted ? I cannot seem to find a way to do this, I am sure it is sitting right in front of me !
      On the website or on Tapatalk? There is a button on the website at the bottom or top of your post. On tapatalk, you click on your post and there’s an edit option in the pop up window. I’m on IOS, it’s part of the built-in architecture options.

Comment

• Don't seem to be able to delete a comment I just made on a post. Am I just blind and can't see the icon?

Comment

• Javaphile
          Javaphile commented
          Editing a comment
          FYI saeco_user you didn't post a Comment on a Post, you commented on a Post in a Post. i.e. You posted a Post, not a Comment. A Post that I deleted for you.

The next time you want to delete a Post or Comment try clicking on 'Edit', then click 'Delete' and choose your options.

Java "Deleter-at-large" phile

• saeco_user
          saeco_user commented
          Editing a comment
          Just to surmise:
          You can't delete a comment on a post but you can delete a post as long as it hasn't been commented on. Who's on first? No Who's on second, What's on first.

• Andy
          Andy commented
          Editing a comment
          Little surprise, I agree with Tester...
          You can't delete a comment after Posting it.
          Just means you should check first and don't say anything you'll regret!
          Not a bug, just the odd way that comments work and are nearly like a reply but not quite.
      Working...
      X