This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID19 - August 2020 Update

(5 months after our initial COVID post, It's about time to update the COVID scenario at the Snobbery)

So most of the planet is aware there is a virus getting around and giving some grief, here's our August update.

CoffeeSnobs has been pretty much unaffected by the pandemic as we have always been an online business and don't do any counter sales from the warehouse.

Sadly many of our commercial customers are struggling with low foot traffic but thanks to great staff (and great coffee) many are battling through with takeaway only. Some have found new markets for "heat at home" meals and one of our customers moved into mobile and delivery outside of cafe hours. The resilience of small business is always impressive.

Domestic customer demand has spiked as everyone working from home are drinking way more coffee and we are still getting fresh coffee to them every week.
    • Business as usual at CoffeeSnobs.
    • We are still fresh roasting Wednesday's and Sunday's (see the roast calendar).
    • Stock levels are good
    • We are still landing from overseas regularly
    • Freight continues to leave the Snobbery every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    • Contact-less pickup at Morgan St continues (order and pay online).

Freight has had some additional lag and it appears to be a moving target week to week. Watching delivery times, most methods are a little slower with the occasional parcel taking a ridiculous amount of time. All freight companies are struggling under their sudden volume increase, lack of planes in the sky and the mandatory social distancing of their sorting staff but all the freight companies are still delivering.
    • AusPost eParcel - add 1-3 days on average
    • AusPost Express - add 1-2 days
    • Fastway - add 1-2 days
    • International - add a week.
    Order earlier and stress less is always our motto.

OSKO - If you haven't looked at Osko it's well worth your while to do so. Bank transfers through Osko are fee-free and near instant (even on weekends and public holidays). The faster we get paid the faster we can get your order moving and the sooner you get it. Just google Osko and your bank name to see if they support it, most Australian banks do and you just use our BSB and Account number like you did in the old, slow "coupla days" EFT system.

CoffeeSnobs will keep doing what we do and we'll update any unforeseen changes here.

Enjoy your coffee!

Andy.

You’re a good man young Andy. I made a green bean order for myself and 3 other amateur master roasters last week (3 boxes full). They arrived 3 days later. Only difference I could see is they may have arrived in 2 days pre COVID. Business as usual as far as I can see.
    Good activity roasting. You can do it in your back yard/front yard/ shed/ balcony and you don’t have to wear a mask!
    Hope everyone is getting a break from the dilemmas we are faced with via a good brew!

Comment

Excellent information, I order for the first time in ages and know I might have to add an extra day as I live in a rural location so it can be a bit strange normally, with Covid even more so.
      hopefully I will get my package by the end of week and keep up the great work

Comment

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        Fresh roasted Sunday, shipped Monday (Express Post) and it arrived Thursday 1000km away.
        Not too bad as it's outside of Posts next day area so would usually be 2-3 days anyway and it took 3 (Pretty normal)

I made an order on last Monday night (3 Aug) and was tossing between eParcel or Fastway and ended up choosing eParcel because it wasn't urgent. Like clock-work, it was dispatched on Tuesday evening. The tracking was displaying North Geelong until noon today (Monday 10 Aug) and I was informed that it will be delivered (to Melbourne) today. I got it at around 1pm. The delivery person didn't bother pressing my doorbell - it was left near my front door. I am incline to forgive them given the situation.

I can confirm that Andy's estimate of delay is pretty much spot on. Given the circumstances, I think Auspost is doing a good job. It is an improvement over the first round of lockdown.

Comment

My Fastway order was back to CS-normal, which means from ordering to my door (in Sydney) in about 40 hours.

On the other hand I have a few (non CS) orders stuck with Auspost for a couple of weeks each (up from a 3-4 day ETA). One stayed in a nearby distribution centre for a full week before finally shipping out and in theory arriving in "2-3 business days".

Comment

Usually receive mine in 2 days to Melb eastern suburbs. Latest order is now 10 days overdue and likely won’t get it before the weekend! Apparently due to “limited flights”... why do they need to fly my package from Geelong to Melb? Haha

Comment

Wow, it took 24 hours to get to Sunshine (slow) but has sat there since the 5th (9 days) and only has to travel 30km more.

I suggest you phone your local post office, they might have better internal tracking or know what the local lag is.

Comment

One day travel to Sunshine Coast QLD , including navigating through those tricky COVID border stops... gotta be happy with that

Comment

The pigeons are seriously overworked and need some long R&R to recover!

Java "Going into the birdseed business!" phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

@wirecutter23
                  AustPost emailed me an hour ago (in reply to my complaint) and apparently it will be delivered today (Sunday!)
                  Not reason why it took this long though.

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have some well travelled beans! They were at AusPost at North Geelong, VIC on Wednesday 19th at 5.57pm, and now processed at Sydney NSW Friday 21st at 12.41am, just a pity I'm in Bayside VIC?

Comment

Originally posted by johnthepom0 View Post
                      Looks like I'm going to have some well travelled beans! They were at AusPost at North Geelong, VIC on Wednesday 19th at 5.57pm, and now processed at Sydney NSW Friday 21st at 12.41am, just a pity I'm in Bayside VIC?
                      Yeah that's happened to me before - I had something go to Perth back towards the start of the pandemic. I think it took an extra two weeks to get back to me in Sydney. So I sympathise - really I do.

Comment

Idjits!
                        The eParcel you selected would normally be 2 days (they intentionally slow it down so express is faster) but there is no good reason to ship it interstate first. We've seen worse... I add one below.

Comment

Both these "Express Post on tour" trackings are from regular customers who normally get their orders within 2 days of us shipping, instead they took 2 weeks.

1:
                          2020-07-09 18:45:55 +10:00 NORTH GEELONG VIC Received by Australia Post
                          2020-07-09 20:16:32 +10:00 MELBOURNE AIRPORT VIC Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-10 07:04:58 +10:00 NORTH GEELONG VIC In transit
                          2020-07-12 16:43:28 +10:00 BRISBANE AIRPORT QLD Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-14 06:37:35 +10:00 MELBOURNE AIRPORT VIC Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-17 03:40:27 +10:00 BRISBANE AIRPORT QLD Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-19 13:30:47 +10:00 MELBOURNE AIRPORT VIC Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-21 22:02:20 +10:00 BRISBANE AIRPORT QLD Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-22 05:55:47 +10:00 TULLAMARINE VIC Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-22 20:52:44 +10:00 TULLAMARINE VIC Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-24 04:44:44 +10:00 REDBANK QLD Arrived at facility
                          2020-07-24 09:39:49 +10:00 REDBANK QLD Onboard for delivery
                          2020-07-24 13:26:10 +10:00 SUNNYBANK HILLS QLD Delivered

2:
                          2020-07-06 18:05:21 +10:00 NORTH GEELONG VIC Received by Australia Post
                          2020-07-06 21:29:48 +10:00 MELBOURNE AIRPORT VIC Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-07 07:34:13 +10:00 NORTH GEELONG VIC In transit
                          2020-07-07 16:29:57 +10:00 MELBOURNE AIRPORT VIC Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-13 16:41:36 +10:00 STRATHFIELD NSW Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-15 17:17:56 +10:00 WINNELLIE NT Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-20 17:23:40 +10:00 ALEXANDRIA NSW Item processed at facility
                          2020-07-21 07:46:54 +10:00 TUGGERAH NSW Onboard for delivery
                          2020-07-21 10:19:39 +10:00 GREEN POINT NSW Delivered - Left in a safe place

In fact both of them had a replacement order shipped in between and it arrived in a couple of days and before the tourist order did.
                          It must be costing AustPost a fortune in additional air miles and dollars and obviously huge annoyance for our customers.

Hopefully Post "go old fashioned" and employ some more humans and rely less on machine OCR to determine the destination. I'm sure that's why Fastway are doing okay, less automation, more people reading the address.

Comment

• johnthepom0
                            johnthepom0 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Andy for the fastaway courier delivery arrived safely, Hope the original order enjoyed its flight and arrived somewhere!

• Andy
                            Andy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            johnthepom0 apparently the original eParcel order which was on tour arrived Sunday "Delivered - Left in a safe place"
                            ...on the roof, in the bushes, I dunno!

Originally posted by johnthepom0 View Post
                          Happened to some stuff i sent off the other say too. All bound for Melbourne and ended up in Sydney Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                          X