Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freight Prices - higher plus a fuel levy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freight Prices - higher plus a fuel levy.

While the RBA keep telling us CPI inflation is under 5% seat of the pants we all know that's well understated every time we reach for our wallet.
    Freight, fuel, stock and overheads are getting more expensive all the time, every supplier we use from packaging and boxes to beans and power are showing much larger increases this year.

Australia Post:
    • Have increased eParcel pricing across the board in April, more per first parcel, more for additional parcels and more per kilo to each area.
    • Fuel surcharges are added to all eParcel deliveries (added as a tiny line item on the statement) so expect your usual freight prices to increase a little.
    • https://auspost.com.au/business/ship...fuel-surcharge
    AramexBoth freight companies are basing their pricing from https://www.aip.com.au/pricing/terminal-gate-prices

BeanBay has always charged actual freight prices (usually under actual cost with site sponsor subsidies) and we'll continue to do so but if your freight pricing is moving around from month to month you'll understand why. BeanBay will always show you the pricing and delivery options for the items you've selected and the destination address and you can decide which makes the most sense.

Update...
    seems the freight carriers like the sneaky fuel levy as it's increasing at a rapid rate.

Both Australia Post and Aramex have set their June fuel levy at 6.3% (Aramex May was 2.84% and Post 4.3%).

Interestingly, Post has also announced the July fuel levy at a whopping 7.9% even though we don't know what fuel price will be in July.

I smell a rat.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Update...
      seems the freight carriers like the sneaky fuel levy as it's increasing at a rapid rate.
      Both Australia Post and Aramex have set their June fuel levy at 6.3% (Aramex May was 2.84% and Post 4.3%).
      Interestingly, Post has also announced the July fuel levy at a whopping 7.9% even though we don't know what fuel price will be in July.
      I smell a rat.
      Well Im sorry Andy ....
      and all and every due respect to you, and I have commented here previously more than once that in my opinion you run a very very uncommon business nowadays and that is .... honest direct and transparent as in as it was in the 70's and the likes.
      When business was sh.. scared of being seen as dodgy or disreputable. They dootted on word of mouth advertising.

NO I suspect what your smelling is not a rat, but a rampant plague of 'huge rodents' rotting away amongst us.

And like most large businesses nowadays whether multi national or not they'll hide behind directors responsibilty of a legal requirement to maximise shareholder returns. Mmmmm bulls...io !
      No mention of a, just as important responsibility, that is to be a respectable fair and responsible member amongst the communities in which they operate.

No sir Andy I suggest you get the RatSack out asap at the Snobbery, .And bucket loads of it !

*Just for the record....Ive never had the pleasure to meet Andy. I don't offer cheap plattitudes or bulls..t just for the sake of it.
      And big business has a well defined rap sheet....Should I need mention the four pillars of banking or the Insurance / Investment industry charging for services never delivered. Just saying.

PS keep a keen eye out in the next 3-6months I'll put a kg of Andy's beans at my expense to purchase an send to the first CS'er who notes these and other companies have reported near record losses for the business period and that Receivers have been appointed to close the company down.

Comment

• Dimal
        Dimal commented
        Editing a comment
        Sickening what these #@*&holes get away with, apparently right under the 'so-called' regulators' noses...

• Barry O'Speedwagon
        Barry O'Speedwagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, the month-to-month timing of the changes in surcharge are pretty bizzare (the July increase in particular). But even with the temporary excise reduction, terminal gate diesel prices are 35% higher than they were in early December, and jet fuel is 85% higher than in December. What is a 'fair' surcharge? It depends on how fuel charges contribute to the total cost of delivering a package. It's obviously not a 35% change, as other costs have not risen at that rate (and I have no idea what proportion of costs relate to fuel but it would have to be a material amount). But I wouldn't find it hard to believe that the average cost of delivering a parcel has risen by 5% or so over that time as a result of fuel price increases.

• Andy
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with your math Barry, the gotcha is the sneaky fuel surcharge is on top of the twice annual price increase which is justified with rising costs each time too.

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Update...

I smell a rat.
      Wonder how many of us have increased the size of our orders - with the increased transport + costs & your posts just inspired me to do another order to finally try the Aceh & get more of the Hamasil as well as two other stables. Amazed & grateful you still have the Hamasil. 🌺🌻

Comment

Originally posted by celiak View Post
        Wonder how many of us have increased the size of our orders - with the increased transport + costs
        Yes, most people have upped their order sizes (both green and roasted) which is smart as beans are getting more expensive to land every month and freight is better per kilo in quantity.

Hamasil, yes, we landed more and should be able to keep it at this price a while longer. Next lot of Yemen (whenever that is) will be far more expensive as international sea freight costs continue to grow.

Comment

Australia Post have released their August surcharge rate and it's 9%
          https://auspost.com.au/business/ship...fuel-surcharge

I still don't understand how they can accurately and fairly predict the fuel prices 5 weeks out though, their crystal ball could be making a killing on the stock market.

At this rate of inflation, express post satchels (air freight) will quickly become cheaper than their eParcel (road freight) options as we purchase express post in bulk over the counter and it doesn't get fuel surcharge added.

As always, BeanBay will show you the actual prices in the checkout and you can determine the best value options for your order size and destination.

Comment

Working...
          X