Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempt

OK - it is not art, but it is the first time I have consciously attempted it.

Re: Attempt

Looks somewhat like something out of I dream of Jeannie...

Comment

Good call Julsajet, that is EXACTLY what it is.

You look well on the way Grendel, contrast, good crema, good milk now just have to nail the jiggle and you will be producing great art.

Looks like you were very close to having it all fall together but ran out of cup?

Comment

Dunno what happened at the end, but right now I am out of coffee! I roasted some today but I stuffed up big time in being over-generous with one of Mrs Grendels friends who wanted some coffee - and to think I had 616 grams on Tuesday!

Comment

Well grendel,

Your Faema seems to be working a treat - espresso and milk texturing - but your coffee budgeting skills are sorely lacking!

Looks like you are going to have to crack a kilo roast if you want any for yourself

Comment

Ha! Ive already been eyeing off a 1.5 kg sample roaster from one of our sponsors but I just need $9000. . .

I made another attempt this morning and did a blog entry on it but here is the pic anyway - it is SUPPOSED to be a tudor rose - a bit ambitious at this stage perhaps.

Comment

Grendel, I have dubbed my own attempts of your first pick as Freestyle Latte Art - the splodge technique.

I am quite an expert at it

Comment

I like to claim it was a depiction of an amoeba. The one I did for Mrs grendel at the same time looked more like a guinea pig (that pic is on my blog somewhere).

Comment

I have customers that are quite impressed an intrigued with my rosetta patterns, love hearts and apples.....one said to me yesterday....go pour me a dove.......if only! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes link=1165016399/0#8 date=1168067167
                    I have customers that are quite impressed an intrigued with my rosetta patterns, love hearts and apples.....one said to me yesterday....go pour me a dove.......if only! :P
                    I always tell them Im working on pouring two dogs ;D

Comment

OK - I watched closely at Epic today then came home for another attempt :-?

This is going to take a while. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1165016399/0#2 date=1165061749
                        Looks like you were very close to having it all fall together but ran out of cup?
                        Ha ha. That is what always happens to me!

My best attempt (this was a while ago) but now I have a thermometer which I think will help. This was done using the above mentioned splodge technique

Comment

Heres probably my best one (showing potential) from the week before Christmas.

Comment

Im so happy to see that Thundergod, its pretty much what I wind up with as well. Twice Ive fluked something a lot closer to what Im aiming for, so I think were on the right track, just need a lot more practice.

Comment

tip 1) Practice, practice, practice!!! Get your milk right, then get your technique down. Then refine your technique.

I make coffee for 40 hours a week and still cant get a rosetta to look like the ones on the internet with perfect symmetry and definition.

tip 2) Never give up. Youll get there....eventually? :P

Comment

Working...
                              X