My Rosetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rosetta

This is one of my first rosettas that I poured.  It is a decaf flat white, it was meant to be a cappuccino, and so, it didnt go to the customer.  Sorry for the bad quality, it was taken with my phone.  Please tell me what you think / how I can improve, that would be great, thanks!

Does anyone have a guide on free pouring milk, not art, just pouring out the milk.  E.g: making a cappuccino or flat white with milk that has the same amount of foam?  Thanks alot!

Re: My Rosetta

Nice Rosetta...

Comment

I think you are well advanced really.
      You cannot get a decent pattern unless your milk has good microfoam, and you seem to have a pretty good pattern there.

From here, Id say its just practice in the pour.

Is there a specific area you are concerned with?

Brett.

Comment

Yeah that is a pretty good Rosetta, maybe I should post some of my attempts to make you feel better Excellent work I am sure there will be plenty more free pour designs to come.

Comment

Id be happy if that was my first rosetta.

Comment

Originally posted by steve link=1166350713/0#4 date=1166403827
            Id be happy if I could do it that well now ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1166350713/0#5 date=1166405391
              Originally posted by steve link=1166350713/0#4 date=1166403827
              Id be happy if I could do it that well now ;D
              Well so would I :-), my current ones just arent as bad as my first. Didnt say they were actually any good ;D

Comment

Mine are getting better.
                Ive even bought special cups.
                But not good enough to photograph yet.

Comment

I managed to get my first Rosetta out today! Woo Hoo   No where near as good as the one above   But it is a start.

Quality of camera phone is not the greatest either. Once I eventually get some decent pours I will use the better camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Coffeechaser link=1166350713/0#8 date=1166500457
                    I managed to get my first Rosetta out today! Woo Hoo   No where near as good as the one above   But it is a start.

Quality of camera phone is not the greatest either. Once I eventually get some decent pours I will use the better camera.
                    Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1166350713/0#7 date=1166429853
                      Mine are getting better.
                      Ive even bought special cups.
                      But not good enough to photograph yet.
                      What shape cups did you decide on Thundergod? Were they the ones that you posted the pic of previously?
                      I have found the curved ones, that a flat white would be served in, the easiest to get the Rosetta in. The picture of my first one is just in a latte glass. But I found the flat white cup the easiest to practice with first. Luca gave me that tip and found it most useful.

Comment

Yes the ones I posted earlier.

Round, semicircular with no flat bottom.
                        Sort of like a half sphere with a handle.

Comment

in reply to brett:

I guess what I am having trouble understanding is: when you are stretching the milk, is that where you define what drink you will be pouring? or are there different pouring methods for different drinks?

Ive googled everywhere and cant seem to find a definite answer. So any help would be great.

Also thanks to everyone for the nice comments. and just to let you know, it was ONE of my firsts, (it was first one worthy of posting), not my true first. I think the first one i poured was when my milk needed serious attention and all that came out was fat leaves that somewhat resembled a hibicus bush, if you know what i mean.

Comment

sorry that would be a hibiscus bush.

and if anyone was interested i use maxwell & williams 8oz coffee mugs. they are about $4 each incl. a plate for it. well rounded bottoms push the leaves of the rosetta right around the cup. and because they are flat and wide it is easy for newbies to get the milk jug right down onto the surface (or there abouts) of the coffee.

Comment

A picture of the cups would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X