Cups and other accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cups and other accessories

Maybe we could share some pics of cups, etc.?

I only have 3 of these and would like to get more! Marked on base Made in Japan by Superior with a gold crown & wreath over - 1950s???

Re: Cups and other accessories

from espresso to 200ml...

Comment

I betcha the coffee tastes best in those cups, Dennis...

--Robusto

Comment

These are the ones I found recently.
        I like them because there is no flat bottom inside the cup.

Comment

A moody photo of the tulip cups that I put on my machine this afternoon:

Comment

I like these...

Comment

Well, I guess this is better than collecting model trains....the latest edition to my collection...

Comment

another view - btw, the doyly is not mine!

Comment

Thats what they all say.

Comment

wow, that is a very special cup (the Alessi pic), Dennis... do you own them or just drool over the pic like me? i so admire the talent of designers who can translate a thought, an idea, into something like that...

and, the coffee grinder: it looks very much like the one my Grandmother (Omi) had; i think hers was a Zassenhausen, with a black knob on the handle... she used to sit it on her lap and i was allowed to turn the handle.
                    later on she graduated to the wall mounted version, with the little glass grinds-beaker hanging underneath it.
                    every time i walked past it, i used to give the handle a turn... and Omi couldnt understand why her coffee beans ran out so fast!!

Memories...

L

L

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie link=1174715069/0#9 date=1175086844
                      wow, that is a very special cup (the Alessi pic), Dennis... do you own them or just drool over the pic like me? i so admire the talent of designers who can translate a thought, an idea, into something like that...

and, the coffee grinder: it looks very much like the one my Grandmother (Omi) had; i think hers was a Zassenhausen, with a black knob on the handle... she used to sit it on her lap and i was allowed to turn the handle.
                      later on she graduated to the wall mounted version, with the little glass grinds-beaker hanging underneath it.
                      every time i walked past it, i used to give the handle a turn... and Omi couldnt understand why her coffee beans ran out so fast!!

Memories...

L

L
                      The alessi (not mine )are up for sale right now Lizzie...
                      and so is one of those on the wall models - we had one too (maybe were related lol)
                      you could re-live your childhood!

Evilbay links removed,
                      Mal.

Comment

Thanks for that info , Dennis, and yes, it is ooohhh-so very tempting, so very tempting.... i just have to keep reminding myself we live in a bus and not in a house with oodles of bench/cupboard/wall/display space.... there is a limit to our budget and that there is only so much "needed" coffee paraphenalia i can convince the man of my dreams to buy

i am just having so much fun with the whole re-discovering real coffee, it brings up all sorts of memories... the big shiny grinder in the grocers store, where we bought a pound of roasted beans and the grocer then ground them for us...; and the way the groers store always smelt: cheese, spices and coffee... and the warm welcome on a cold winters evening: open the front door of the house and smell the coffee!

reliving my child hood, or going back to my roots... either way it tastes fantastic!

L

Comment

Ah Lizzie, despite being called a wog whilst at school, we lived in halcyon years. Sadly, I think it will be quite some time before children can once again be so carefree as we were...

- drinking zing lemonade, tab and mountain dew
                          - selling old newspapers to the fruit and veg shop and buying a slice of watermelon for 5cents
                          - or 3 potato scallops for 10cents
                          - lathered in coconut oil, roasting in the sun (well, maybe that one wasn;t such a good idea...lol)

Where are you guys at the moment?

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1175149765]This Thread[/link]

Comment

Here are a couple of shots of a set of six Espresso cups and saucers I picked up on that auction site a couple of years ago, still havent used them. The second picture is in the next post.

Comment

Working...
                              X