Latté art in Melbourne. :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latté art in Melbourne. :P

Hi all... first post here. Great to find this site: a mate of mine knows me as a caffeine elitist and pointed me this way. Some great stuff here!

I make coffee on a La Marzocco running Veneziano special blend beans (blend made specially for my café and some sister cafés - Blueprint, Baretto and Centrico, all in Melbourne) and its great to see that they are a sponsor here. Blueprint is in Carlton, so some stiff competition from Lygon St. :P

Anyways, thought I would show some pictures of my work. Feel free to give criticism, as i really want to get better as a barista.

regards,

~Ozi.

Also, am I allowed to post links to Youtube videos of me making coffee? Dont want to break any forum rules...

And some more Latté...

Here are a couple of Latté too... i have a fair few pics (my phone has a 3.2 MP camera :P) so let me know if you want to see more patterns, double ferns etc...

Comment

Re: Latté art in Melbourne. :P

Gday Ozi,

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Those examples of yours look terrific mate .... Regarding YouTube, not a problem so long as the content is as you described. Any links to inappropriate or non-topical content may be deleted as you would no doubt expect .

All the best mate,
      Mal.

Comment

Hi Ozi and welcome to CoffeeSnobs...

WOW, what more can I say.... they look fantastic!!!!

Love the Cappuccino

Comment

Thanks mate! Off course... normal forum rules for decency. Used to moderate an Apple forum so used to those rules. My Youtube is here and I will upload a few more coffee videos. Some are with fairly pale crema, but I have got my grinds a lot better these days, and the "collage of coffee" and "valentines day" videos were both made on the brand new La Marzocco at Centrico (at DFO Spencer St) while it was still being broken in and adjusted. the latest videos show much nicer crema, which is, as we all know, the essence of life...

Here is a pic of a coffee I made today.

EDIT: to properly code the hyperlink to the youtube. :

Comment

Originally posted by Ozi link=1180509783/0#4 date=1180511758
            but I have got my grinds a lot better these days
            Nice art, I do hope the grinds a bit better now, those shots looked quite a bit quick and too long....but hey, atleast you get crema on your shots :

I live up the road so ill try to pop in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by takeaim link=1180509783/0#5 date=1180513922
              I live up the road so ill try to pop in soon.

Yeah true that... dark crema makes latte art look so much better cos you get great contrast. Im at Blueprint Café, 222 Pelham St, right near Melb Uni law building and the "roundabout from hell" if you want to come past.

Comment

that one with the heart looks like it would have tasted good.

Really good.

Comment

Here are a few from today. First, a hot chocolate:

Comment

Twin Hearts...

...and a couple of hearts on a latté...

Comment

cliché!

And finally, the most "stereotypical" Rosetta style pattern I am yet to do. :P On a flat white, mind you, not a latté.

EDITS: fixed file sizes to something more sensible. Thanks for that recommendation, Javaphile.

Comment

Ah, now that is art...

Comment

Might I suggest that the size of the pictures be reduced so people dont need to scroll to see them all. This really helps to appreciate them.

Java "Its all relative" phile
                          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

on the hot chocolate thing, I add the chocolate to the milk before the steam which = no art. I used to do it the other way but I think it tastes better if you add it first.

Comment

yah... maybe. I add the choc sauce to the glass first, then half fill it with hot milk and "buzz" that to mix it with the steam wand. Then I pour the rest of the hot chocolate. This seems to work well, and "buzzing" the half-filled glass also increases the final temperature of the drink which seems to be in line with the higher thermal expectations of the average heated cocoa beverage client. Like that overly verbose sentence? :P

Comment

Working...
                              X