Different Rosetta species??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Rosetta species??

Just wondering what sorta rosettas you people are pouring. I tend to only pour rosettas which are thin and starts from the far edge of the cup. I start my wiggle right at the edge of the cup. I cant seem to get the rosettas which start in the middle and get pushed around itself. Would be nice to see what "species" of rosettas you guys pour and how it is done.

Heres a few examples of mine...

Re: Different Rosetta species??

Heres another:

Comment

They look pretty good to me Gavin, mine are still in the abstract stage apart from the occasional good one!!

Comment

I must admit mine look a bit like a 2yr old kid drew the rosetta,if they tell you its a rosetta you have to say its fantastic so as not to upset the little kid.
        Very abstract.

Comment

Im not 100% sure what you mean, but if you mean the rosettas that are sort of "surrounded" by lines...then i think your first pic is starting to develop that.

I think you need more jug wiggling while up the far end of the cup, and in the area just back from that, then as you keep pouring, those leaves will get compressed, turn into those surrounding lines around the rosetta.

Mind you, i cant get these to work most times either (except the occasional fluke) I think my problem is the milk takes too long to start marking the crema and by that time im running out of cup space and have to rush.

Comment

I almost got a really good one yesterday evening. The leaves formed, starting to get pushed around itself, it look so good and I couldnt wait to finish it off. I got so excited I forgot to take note of the cup filling up and right before i pushed forward, damn thing overflowed....

Problem with that sort of rosetta is everything the leaves get pushed around itself, I dont get much definition....hmmm

Comment

Gavin Follow this link for a video of the technique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMvizMCjcE&NR=1

Comment

Working...
              X