Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piccolo Art!!

Hi guys,

I have recently been introduced to the fine tastes of the Picollo Latte. It really is a delicious coffee. I do like Lattes but the are a little too milky for me as my preference is usually a LB or just an esp.
    The Picollo is a fine balance between the espresso shot and the sweetness of the milk without being too milky.

Give it a go. I think you would enjoy.

I have started making my own at home and have found that you can get some art on the top with a little care.

This one was poured into a shot glass.

Any comments?

Nick

Re: Picollo Art!!

what size shot glass is that? Ray.

Comment

Very cute.   Looks like an 80ml Bodum Pavina.

Comment

gotta say, I love the piccolo latte as well! They have a nice smooth kick when done right. nice heart on this one, got a set of the same glasses but I cant do art to save my life!

Comment

I think a Bodum Pavina would look a bit more like this actually:

No good at art, just showing the glass. Note the double wall not present in the first photo. Tasted great as usual!

Comment

My attempt:

Same bodum cups, but I need some more practice.

Grant

Comment

Wow. Im tryng to do a "SOY PICCOLO" art. Can you guys recommend me a good soy milk to achieve latteart?

Cheers,

May from Brisbane

Comment

Originally posted by 0E223A0526352631430 link=1233986786/6#6 date=1234165796
                Wow. Im tryng to do a "SOY PICCOLO" art. Can you guys recommend me a good soy milk to achieve latteart?

Cheers,

May from Brisbane
                Bonsoy is the best soy milk you can get for latte art.
                Hope this helps.
                This one is done with Bonsoy Soy Milk. So the skys the limit. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 7D6C6B70756D6A7F2C2C1E0 link=1233986786/7#7 date=1234168274

Bonsoy is the best soy milk you can get for latte art.
                  I agree! For anything where you need to mimic the qualities of cows milk with soy milk...Bonsoy!

Its more expensive but it really works well when replacing cows milk in recipes (and microfoam for latte art).

Comment

heres a recent bit of small art, not quite picollos size but close. found these little bowls in an asian crockery shop near work
                    aaron

Comment

Looks like the new setup is treating ya well mate.

And as far as soy milk goes, I dont drink it, but from what I hear, not only is Bonsoy the best for art, but its just the straight up best commercially available soy milk you can get.... still doesnt tempt me though :P

Comment

Milk from a bean just aint natural!

Comment

Yeah, I have never been partial to soy milk. But I guess there are some people that have no choice. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by 5E4C4B5C5C572E0 link=1233986786/11#11 date=1234310336
                            Milk from a bean just aint natural!
                            So soaking a bean in water, crushing it, adding some sweeten like malt extract or sugar and drinking aint natural? Actually sounds a bit like making coffee.

Yet stroking the nipples of a cow to get the lactate from its mammary glands which is full of enzymes and hormones for a baby cow and drinking is?!?!?!

Anyway, I also found Bonsoy the best.
                            If you cant afford it, I would recommend Vitasoy Original (red packet) as second best.

Comment

Re: Piccolo Art!!

did this 2 weeks ago at work

a Soy in a 80mL espresso cup

Comment

Working...
                              X