Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double rosettas

Hi guys,
    Sort of an advanced question here. Ive been practising my double rosettas, and I have found a problem.

I can do the first one fine, arcing around one side of the cup, and it looks perfect. However, when I do the second one on the other side of the cup, it drags the first one over into the centre of the cup, thus distorting it something terrible, and upsetting the symmetry of it all.

Is there a trick to this? I suspect the answer is to "paint/draw" the ferns into the cup, but that seems to be cheating. Rosettas get their grea shape by "billowing" out from the pour point. To simply move the jug in the shape of the desired rosetta seems to be missing the point.

Any ideas?

TB

Re: Double rosettas

I seem to be experiencing this problem as well,
    perhaps its because the milk has already begun to separate in the cup, making the top less flowy and thus reducing the "billowing-ness"

Im making up many words here, but .. I think youll understand

Comment

Youve got to try and stick the rosettas as far over to the side of the cup as you can, so when you pour theyre far enough away to not effect eachother as much.
      Its just practise, also not holding between the two pours, and making sure your cremas not stiff and setting before you start.

Comment

OK, tell me Jenn, did you do the four rosettas from your avitar picture???

Comment

I am trying to get just one perfect rosetta first but the Bean Scene December 2010 issue has a how to for double rosetta. They recommended to pour the first one slowly and the 2nd one fast. How it helps. Post some photos so we all can admire.

Comment

Hot tip: Set the base of each rosetta first (tulip style) then pour each rosetta. Without a base the rosettas are free to move and distort. (Source: Will Priestley 2010 Australian Latte Art champion who taught classes with The Espresso School).

Comment

Working...
            X