One take latte art challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One take latte art challenge!

Saw this over at HB and thought it would be a good idea for here. Basically, you go out, pull your shot, steam your milk, start filming, pour your art, stop filming, post the video. It doesnt matter how crap your pour is, you post the video 

On mine you can kind of see on the follow through, my portafilter handle got in the way  >. Still came out really good. I must confess, i poured an attempt before this one and filmed it, only to find out that my camera didnt have an SD card in it. Popped one in and took a photo for fairness.

first attempt:

recorded attempt:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=609Ta16L3FU[/media]

Re: One take latte art challenge!

Not very proud of it but I thought id upload my honest first attempt rather than recording until I got a good one :P

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EugP0jK8bf8[/media]

Comment

Thats just reminded me how ive never tried tulips before. You have my word, my coffee tomorrow morning will be my FIRST tulip attempt. Should be interesting :P. Ill post the video up and all.

Comment

Originally posted by 5447544348005D44474244310 link=1304037339/1#1 date=1304076367
        Not very proud of it but I thought id upload my honest first attempt rather than recording until I got a good one
        You dont split your milk? Pouring with a full jug is hard!

Comment

Hee hee.
          If i had to pour with a full jug for two coffees, id suggest pour a heart or apple for the first one, as it seems to work out well coming out first, then after that, the choice is yours.

Gary at G

Comment

Here we go, my first ever.. Not that great, hahaha

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYiS4TQl84[/media]

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread Zaneus, great idea. I like the angle you used so we can all see your technique, not just the end product.

Unfortunately I put our camera through the washing machine last weekend (was looking a bit dirty....seriously though it was an accident of course!).

Comment

Originally posted by 66676D7E60657F0C0 link=1304037339/6#6 date=1304128781

Unfortunately I put our camera through the washing machine last weekend (was looking a bit dirty....seriously though it was an accident of course!).

;D ;D ;D Hahaha bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by 5476706B6C6670030 link=1304037339/3#3 date=1304093336
                  You dont split your milk? Pouring with a full jug is hard!
                  I guess I do and I dont.. That was why I went for the tulip up first then the rosetta.

The tulip was ok but the rosetta was where I failed bad. I am still practising with latte art so I guess I will always split my milk from now on to try and get better results

Warming up my machine now after a day at work so I guess I will record another.

Comment

You guys are all too modest - they all look good and id be happy pouring any of those!

Comment

Originally posted by 495A495E551D40595A5F592C0 link=1304037339/1#1 date=1304076367
                      Not very proud of it but I thought id upload my honest first attempt rather than recording until I got a good one :P

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EugP0jK8bf8[/media]
                      I thought this was quite good :P You should be proud! I really fail at tulips

Comment

Great idea for a thread. I really hope it takes off and if it does it is going to be my new favourite thread me thinks.....

Comment

Guess ill upload another video. This time a heart. Everything was bad about this coffee. Fast espresso thin milk bad pour. Plus doctor who in the background! heh.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plvxFvmVjKk[/media]

for others who cant be bothered making a video and waiting for it to upload, photos are quite fine, video prefered sure, but its not a big deal. As long as you take a photo of your first attempt

edit: just noticed the strange angle my wrist is at there. Woohoo learning something new!

Comment

Cool thread. I dont have a video camera so I went with the stock photo.... sorry.

Comment

Great idea here, I hope to pickup some tips from the vids

Comment

Working...
                              X