Latte Art Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latte Art Fails

I thought this could be a fun idea for a thread because we all know that as much as we like to think were always perfect, sometimes things go astray.

For this pic, everything was going smoothly and I thought I had time for 1 more leaf. Im sure everyones been there.

Re: Latte Art Fails

Looked good too. I like the thread idea, too much perfection on this site.

Comment

Hah, wonderful idea. Ill try and catch a photo of one of my fails tomorrow at work. No doubt therell be a few 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 637063747F376A73707573060 link=1314752138/0#0 date=1314752138
        everything was going smoothly and I thought I had time for 1 more leaf. Im sure everyones been there.
        Most definitely - a few times Ive had to abandon near the end to avoid spills all over the bench. 

This is the only recent fail Ive still got a photo of though - was looking fairly decent until the spill over the edge :P

Comment

Originally posted by 4D5E4D5A5119445D5E5B5D280 link=1314752138/0#0 date=1314752138
          Im sure everyones been there
          Man! I dont have to be pouring art to spill things......Im a messy barista(especially when the heat is on), good thing there are always plenty of chux around for my mishaps.....boss laughs at me....lucky for me she has a great sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by 78514C4A5B3E0 link=1314752138/4#4 date=1315719086
            Im a messy barista(especially when the heat is on)

Nothing like knocking your hand on one of the Portafilters when youre holding a long black when its busy. ;D

Comment

Here is a fail from today. I havent had my machine for a week as its been getting looked at.. thought to ease myself back into the latte art game Id pour a double rosetta and a tulip.

Tell him hes dreaming!

Comment

fail photo of a failed latte(flatwhite) art

Comment

hehe..oopsy!

Comment

Nice try, gotta love the close to wins

sealcomm

Comment

Well i actually had it poured. Was going to serve it and i managed to run into something just as i picked it up -.-. I guess a plate is easier to clean up than a benchtop / floor ;D

Comment

ha- these fails look better than my successes...

Comment

I always introduce my latte art failures as "Latte Fart" when I serve them to my friends.

Comment

What a great idea this post is! These are all as good as my successes. I filled a mates (who I was trying to impress with my skills) saucer to the brim the other day by being too ambitious with maneuver...

I just tell my guests that it is a piece of abstract art when I have a fail, that or something that the mistake most closely resembles.

Good efforts to all the above.

Comment

Your having a go, thats all that
                              matters

Comment

Working...
                              X