Portafilter Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portafilter Art

I saw a few pictures on instagram (a mobile phone application) and decided to try it myself.

You dont have much space to work with, but here's my first crack at it.

Has anyone else tried it?
    Attached Files

??..please explain..??
    ..what is the point ?

Comment

hope that was in a blind filter otherwise that would be pretty tricky!

Comment

I saw one poured in a sink of soapy water, and one poured in to someones cupped bare hands.

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
          ??..please explain..??
          ..what is the point ?
          fun, try googling it

Comment

Here's my effort from the last time I tried.. Pretty tricky but managed to get a heart happening.
            Attached Files

Comment

Never cease to amaze me what some people make the time and effort to photoshop.

Comment

Originally posted by Wynton87 View Post
                hope that was in a blind filter otherwise that would be pretty tricky!
                I thought about using a blind, but opted for a double pressurised basket for extra working space.

Reason for doing it: looked interesting and wanted to have a try. It's pretty challenging. I treat coffee as hobby so I don't mind experimenting and having fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
                  Never cease to amaze me what some people make the time and effort to photoshop.
                  Lol! I couldn't use photoshop if my life depended on it.

Originally posted by specialpants View Post
                  I thought about using a blind, but opted for a double pressurised basket for extra working space.

Reason for doing it: looked interesting and wanted to have a try. It's pretty challenging. I treat coffee as hobby so I don't mind experimenting and having fun with it.
                  I used the blind for mine.. pretty much lucked out on my one.. I've tried again since without nearly as much success.

Comment

well yeah this is kind of petty, but I'm calling both of those images fake. The physics and photographic evidence just don't add up. If the OP's want to post a high res. original image off-site and link it here, I'll happily chow down on humble pie :-)

Comment

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
                      well yeah this is kind of petty, but I'm calling both of those images fake. The physics and photographic evidence just don't add up. If the OP's want to post a high res. original image off-site and link it here, I'll happily chow down on humble pie :-)
                      There you go. Both originals.

Here's the original one:
                      http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/8...30888a8f_b.jpg

I then had another crack at this yesterday:
                      http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8458/8...30be1ef3_b.jpg

And just in case you wanted something with a bit more resolution:
                      http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/8...24e6fa30_o.jpg

Comment

20120510_120509 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Enjoy your pie :-)

Comment

Would Sir like a latte served in a group handle with latte art to go with that humble pie? lol

Comment

OK, I admit defeat, I'll get out the cutlery and serve up a generous slice of said pie. I'm actually shocked, I was 100% convinced they were both composite images. My reasons for thinking that in case anyones curious were that at screen resolution the milk has no texture and looks blurrier than the pf and basket, and in both images the lighting doesn't pick up the edge of the liquid, plus the pf's are sitting on a flat surface which should mean that the liquid runs over the edge as the basket would slope down towards the handle. I'm a photographer and like to think I have an eye for detail.

Aaaanyway, glad to be proven wrong. Well done.

Comment

There are quite a few portafilters which are designed to sit level on a table.

Thanks for your apology though for suggesting that we'd use a program to make pretend we have skills which we don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X