300g pre roast blend of

125g Indian Tiger Mountain
    100g Brazil Monte Carmello (Sun Dried)
    75g Peru (Villa Rica) Grace Estate

Post Roast = 250g

Roasted just to Second Crack
    CS Scale 8.5

Re: Indian Tiger Mtn / Brazil Monte Carmello / Per

Im just curious...was there a specific goal to this blend or was it, (like so many of my blending attempts) lets see how this goes? How did it taste?

Comment

No real plan really, just experimenting and I dont have a lot to choose from the only other beans I have at the moment is Ethiopian Sidamo and and Indian Monsoon Malabar. Will have to wait until next bean bay to expand my varieties to play with.

I like a lot of crema and I like a sweeter bean not too earthy, any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1182247980/0#2 date=1182336862
        I like a lot of crema and I like a sweeter bean not too earthy, any suggestions?
        Hmmm,

Id steer away from the more well known Indonesian beans then, e.g. Mandheling, Sulawesi Kalosi Tojora, etc as all of these possess an earthiness component to their flavour profile, as do some of the PNG varieties too. The Sidamo you have is great as a Single Origin so no need to blend anything with this one. If you like lots of Crema though, you could always add around 15% of your Monsoon Malabar to the Sidamo as a way of increasing it without unduly upsetting the overall flavour balance of the Sidamo.

Mal.

Comment

Im taking notes Mal,

Thanks

Comment

I just did a post roast blend of Bali Gunung and Monsooned Peaberry with quite nice results, lots of nice red/gold crema too.
            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1183342282

Comment

Working...
            X