Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Base Beans?

hey guys,

was wondering what sort of bean predominantly makes up your blend? or is your base bean....

I like to go with Colombian Excelso/ Supremo myself....

Any suggestions?

Re: Good Base Beans?

Hi Dave,
    Some great reading in earlier blending posts which go back a number of years.....perhaps you can pick up some tips from the more established roasters who have posted.
    Good Luck
    JL

Comment

Originally posted by 555047546E4241310 link=1294982545/0#0 date=1294982545
      was wondering what sort of bean predominantly makes up your blend? or is your base bean....
      Dave, my fav is the Peruvian bean as a base. I actually also quite like it as a SO.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by 43465142785457270 link=1294982545/0#0 date=1294982545
        hey guys,

I like to go with Colombian Excelso/ Supremo myself....

Any suggestions?  
        Take your pick Dave....

So many great beans and so little time to try them all. Probably the only continent that is NOT regularly used as a source for my so-called Base Beans, is Africa. Everything else is on the table.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 466B6F636E020 link=1294982545/3#3 date=1296283574
          So many great beans and so little time to try them all. Probably the only continent that is NOT regularly used as a source for my so-called Base Beans, is Africa. Everything else is on the table....
          For me, I tend to use African beans like other use Robusta.  

A small % to add a bit of kick if needed.

Every thing else is fair game for the base or as a SO.

Comment

Working...
          X