• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joz
    replied
    Re: Commercial Tastes

Yep I see your point, I tend to agree.
    :
    Ok what is it that gives that chocolaty taste that seems to be very popular?

Leave a comment:

• KJM
    replied
    Re: Commercial Tastes

Originally posted by 6065700A0 link=1311822202/0#0 date=1311822202
    Now I must admit that I suppose it is a certain Italian uniqueness/flavour, but what exactly is it?
    I really think there is a certain level of familiarity. You drink a whole lot of <insert your particular commercial blend here> and you just get used to it. Because every large roaster wants to compete, they are all pretty similar in taste profile. Designed to be inoffensive - well rounded, not too acidic etc etc.

Anyway, thats how Ive always rationalized it to myself...

/Kevin

Leave a comment:

• joz
    started a topic Commercial Tastes

Commercial Tastes

Anyhow a topic came up with some friends which was about the best commercial offerings compared with some of the smaller boutique roasters.
    I am a fan of trying different SO beans or blends from virtually anywhere I can find a fresh bean, for either home or out on my travels.
    Then there are a  some that I know that will swear by the usual mainsteam offerings.

I know a couple of the big companies have a certain flavour eg vittoria.
    Now Im wondering what it is thats specific to their blend that has Joe public sucked in?
    Now I must admit that I suppose it is a certain Italian uniqueness/flavour, but what exactly is it?

Your thoughts?
Working...
X